• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Bring Their Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Some fans left at halftime and a bunch more early in the second half. It was already around 10:30 and the game was never in doubt. Most of the locals were either older folks or high school age. Some had stayed late the previous night. Can't really blame them for leaving. Everyone was complimentary towards USF.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

That WE WANT TEMPLE chant was awesome to hear! Hope to see some pics from the game for those that were there

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

all i know is that we were LOUD!

Soon our students will be just as passionate as your crew is. Keep it up, and go team root canal!

I know at least 4 of them are driving up for the game tomorrow night

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

That WE WANT TEMPLE chant was awesome to hear! Hope to see some pics from the game for those that were there

I will try uploading some later

• Content Count:  24

Some fans left at halftime and a bunch more early in the second half. It was already around 10:30 and the game was never in doubt. Most of the locals were either older folks or high school age. Some had stayed late the previous night. Can't really blame them for leaving. Everyone was complimentary towards USF.

And some fans stayed the whole game and got interviewed afterwards.... http://baynews9.com/...s%20in%20Dayton

(af_bull05 is the goofy guy at around 1:05 in the video :D )

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Very proud of the turnout we had, especially on short notice. Hopefully in Nashville it will be even bigger

• Content Count:  3,802

I was at the USF/Cal game, and I got into TN last night, going to the game tonight.

That said, I don't think there were more USF fans than Cal as others have pointed out, they were just sitting on their hands since their team was dominated. The reason it emptied out in the second half was because the Cal-sided crowd left (along with locals who were bored with a blowout).

I noticed the kids cheering for us as well, though I also noticed them cheering for a Cal comeback. They were kind of annoying...but maybe I'm becoming a scrooge, even though I'm only in my mid-20's?

I did receive a lot of geniune interest in the school though. I was stopped a few times to be asked "Where is USF? Miami?" Ugh. Many people have noted, in Dayton and Nashville, that we're a good team and better than we're seeded. It's kind of awkward to get respect in basketball :).

The Owls are beatable. I haven't seen many obvious Temple fans here yet, but it might be because we got here early. No matter how many of our people show up, let our boys know you appreciate them! GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,802

A couple other random thoughts:

1. I honestly think the halftime show our girls and the game our boys put on will leave a lasting impression in the area. The guys around me were practically drooling when the girls came out; the guys were obviously impressive for their own reasons too.

2. Dayton sucks.

3. Cal didn't bring their own band. WTF? They had Wright State doing their work. Is that normal?

• Content Count:  2,277

And some fans stayed the whole game and got interviewed afterwards.... http://baynews9.com/...s%20in%20Dayton

(af_bull05 is the goofy guy at around 1:05 in the video :D )

Haha, you're a celebrity now Billy!

Archived