• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Heath PG Tampa Prep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If Heath is inclined to play his son, Josh, just because he's related by consanguinity, then why didn't he give his other kid, Jordan, more playing time when he was here at USF? I think we'll be fine recruiting PG's.

+1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If Heath is inclined to play his son, Josh, just because he's related by consanguinity, then why didn't he give his other kid, Jordan, more playing time when he was here at USF? I think we'll be fine recruiting PG's.

+1

So both of you think Jordan was good enough to play D-1 basketball?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

+1

Likely why he didn't get the playing time. I'm just saying that Heath will play the PG that gives the team the best opportunity to win, whether that's Josh or any other PG USF winds up recruiting.

+1

Likely why he didn't get the playing time. I'm just saying that Heath will play the PG that gives the team the best opportunity to win, whether that's Josh or any other PG USF winds up recruiting.

Okay

I actually agree with that and never said that AC was in danger of losing PT because of Heath's son. It would be pretty ridiculous to even have such an asinine thought.

What I was referring to is a perception that does exist when the coaches son is an active member on a roster. It was strictly a recruiting pov. Opposing coaches use every advantage they can get and that perception does have a history, and is one of many reasons that some coaches encourage their son to play elsewhere. Now if the son is really good then throw everything I said out the window because pure talent prevails. I know Josh is better then Jordan by far, I just don't know if he's better then what USF could get.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/josh-heath-commits-usf/15026/

Mon. October 1, 2012 | Joey Knight | Email

Tampa Prep PG Josh Heath, who helped lead the Terrapins to their first state title in March, has committed to USF, where he'll play for his dad.

Terps coach Joe Fenlon announced this morning that Heath had settled on the Bulls following his official visit over the weekend, which included a trip to the USF-FSU football game. He had between 15-20 offers, Fenlon said, including Lehigh, the University of North Florida, Jacksonville and some Ivy League interest.

Stanford hadn't offered yet but was "calling regularly," Fenlon added.

"He just had a great time with some of the other kids (the Bulls) were recruiting last weekend," Fenlon said. "I think it's going to be a good situation. You get to play big-time basketball in your hometown."

The younger of Stan Heath's two sons, Josh averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 assists as a junior for Tampa Prep (31-1), which topped Weston Sagemont in the Class 3A title game to give Fenlon his first state championship after 29 seasons at the school.

He shined in the semifinals -- a 56-50 overtime win against Jacksonville Providence -- with a 21--point effort that included a 4-for-6 free-throw effort and reverse layup down the stretch. He totaled 15 points, eight assists and seven boards in the final.

Josh Heath commits to USF

Tampa Prep PG Josh Heath, who helped lead the Terrapins to their first state title in March, has committed to USF, where he'll play for his dad.

Terps coach Joe Fenlon announced this morning that Heath had settled on the Bulls following his official visit over the weekend, which included a trip to the USF-FSU football game. He had between 15-20 offers, Fenlon said, including Lehigh, the University of North Florida, Jacksonville and some Ivy League interest.

"He just had a great time with some of the other kids (the Bulls) were recruiting last weekend," Fenlon said. "I think it's going to be a good situation. You get to play big-time basketball in your hometown."

The younger of Stan Heath's two sons, Josh averaged 12.4 points and 7.1 assists as a junior for Tampa Prep (31-1), which topped Weston Sagemont in the Class 3A title game to give Fenlon his first state championship after 29 seasons at the school.

He shined in the semifinals -- a 56-50 overtime win against Jacksonville Providence -- with a 21--point effort that included a 4-for-6 free-throw effort and reverse layup down the stretch. He totaled 15 points, eight assists and seven boards in the final.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/josh-heath-commits-usf/15026/

http://www.tampabay....mits-usf/15026/

So we add Heath and Drew Davis as a backcourt for the 2013 class. If Heath is our only commitment from this past weekend then it's safe to say that it was a tremendous FAIL.

You get commitments from 2 guys that aren't starter level material on a Big East team in a class is not a reason to jump for joy. It will probably be the lowest rated backcourt signees in the Big East by far.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

http://www.tampabay....mits-usf/15026/

So we add Heath and Drew Davis as a backcourt for the 2013 class. If Heath is our only commitment from this past weekend then it's safe to say that it was a tremendous FAIL.

You get commitments from 2 guys that aren't starter level material on a Big East team in a class is not a reason to jump for joy. It will probably be the lowest rated backcourt signees in the Big East by far.

LOL ... Does that ever sound familiar?

Couldn't he walk on instead of using a scholly? Just wondering.

Yeah he could, but I think he's going to be on scholarship