• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Live RPI Accuracy?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious as to the accuracy of Live RPI websites. I mean, it's a formula, so it can't not be accurate, right? Then again, it is unofficial, so I don't know...

Assuming live-rpi.com is accurate, they have us ranked 35th after tonight's win and other's losses. If this holds true, I can't see how we don't dance.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that would be as of NOW... but what would the RPI be if we lost to WVU AND to a Rutgers or Pitt?

that is the scary part to me. We MUST have at least 1 more win to be sure. As of now, i agree... we are in... but that is fluid.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Beat WVU and we won't have to worry.

I still think we're in, but let's play for a better seed

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm curious as to the accuracy of Live RPI websites. I mean, it's a formula, so it can't not be accurate, right? Then again, it is unofficial, so I don't know... Assuming live-rpi.com is accurate, they have us ranked 35th after tonight's win and other's losses. If this holds true, I can't see how we don't dance. http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

Well, they did have the RPI for USF #45 before the game, which was apparently correct at the time, so they probably are in the ballpark after the game.

We will know in the morning when CBS updates their site.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/SFL/south-florida-bulls

that would be as of NOW... but what would the RPI be if we lost to WVU AND to a Rutgers or Pitt? that is the scary part to me. We MUST have at least 1 more win to be sure. As of now, i agree... we are in... but that is fluid.

Seton Hall lost a home game recently to a bad BE team and they jumped about 10 places from 30-40. Under the current RPI formula, a home loss is worse then a road loss. WVU is almost in the top 50 (RPI 53) so we might fall only 5 places. A loss to Pitt with a decent RPI in the 90's on a neutral site could also be 5 or more, So, we could be back to where we were before the UL game at #45 or maybe even #50 and be once again on the bubble. I'm just giving a not so educated guess.

I'm curious as to the accuracy of Live RPI websites. I mean, it's a formula, so it can't not be accurate, right? Then again, it is unofficial, so I don't know... Assuming live-rpi.com is accurate, they have us ranked 35th after tonight's win and other's losses. If this holds true, I can't see how we don't dance. http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

Team Rankings updated and USF is now RPI #34 an improvement of 11 places for winning on the road @UL.

They now have UL RPI #28 as they dropped 7 places for losing at home to USF.

I find it ironic that UL having lost to USF is no longer counted as a win against a top 25 RPI team.

Different RPI sites may vary somewhat.

The NCAA releases an official RPI list each week.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that would be as of NOW... but what would the RPI be if we lost to WVU AND to a Rutgers or Pitt? that is the scary part to me. We MUST have at least 1 more win to be sure. As of now, i agree... we are in... but that is fluid.

Seton Hall lost a home game recently to a bad BE team and they jumped about 10 places from 30-40. Under the current RPI formula, a home loss is worse then a road loss. WVU is almost in the top 50 (RPI 53) so we might fall only 5 places. A loss to Pitt with a decent RPI in the 90's on a neutral site could also be 5 or more, So, we could be back to where we were before the UL game at #45 or maybe even #50 and be once again on the bubble. I'm just giving a not so educated guess.

that guess sounds logical. that is why we MUST win one more game. Bubbles pop every year, we need to stay off it. Lunardi still has us on the bubble, despite his "Hand deliver the bid" quote. We are in the last 4 in on his s curve after the UL win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

While last night's win was an attention getter, the national reaction seems to be mixed at best. We are still haunted by out of conference record (how long ago was that and wasn't that a different team?). Some are saying we still need to win two more games. I think a win to close out the season gets it done with 20 overall wins and a 13-5 Big East resume; however, it could make it interesting if we were to close out regular season and earn of a double bye. What happens then if we have a quick departure in the tourney? Still good enough? Heck with leaving it to chance, let's win 'em all from here on out.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

You guys worry to much. We are in and now we are just playing to get a higher seed. WV game will be great !

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Lets focus on beating WV and nothing else.

Archived