• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Live RPI Accuracy?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

<P>

that would be as of NOW... but what would the RPI be if we lost to WVU AND to a Rutgers or Pitt? that is the scary part to me. We MUST have at least 1 more win to be sure. As of now, i agree... we are in... but that is fluid.
Seton Hall lost a home game recently to a bad BE team and they jumped about 10 places from 30-40. Under the current RPI formula, a home loss is worse then a road loss. WVU is almost in the top 50 (RPI 53) so we might fall only 5 places. A loss to Pitt with a decent RPI in the 90&amp;amp;amp;#39;s on a neutral site could also be 5 or more, So, we could be back to where we were before the UL game at #45 or maybe even #50 and be once again on the bubble. I&amp;amp;amp;#39;m just giving a not so educated guess.
that guess sounds logical. that is why we MUST win one more game. Bubbles pop every year, we need to stay off it. Lunardi still has us on the bubble, despite his &amp;amp;amp;quot;Hand deliver the bid&amp;amp;amp;quot; quote. We are in the last 4 in on his s curve after the UL win.

Live RPI predicts that WVU has a 51% chance to win @USF. If that should happen, we would go from current RPI #35 to RPI #40.9, which is 6 places.

South Florida

Expected RPI: 40.9

Current RPI: 35

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/South%20Florida.html

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

that would be as of NOW... but what would the RPI be if we lost to WVU AND to a Rutgers or Pitt? that is the scary part to me. We MUST have at least 1 more win to be sure. As of now, i agree... we are in... but that is fluid.
Seton Hall lost a home game recently to a bad BE team and they jumped about 10 places from 30-40. Under the current RPI formula, a home loss is worse then a road loss. WVU is almost in the top 50 (RPI 53) so we might fall only 5 places. A loss to Pitt with a decent RPI in the 90's on a neutral site could also be 5 or more, So, we could be back to where we were before the UL game at #45 or maybe even #50 and be once again on the bubble. I'm just giving a not so educated guess.
that guess sounds logical. that is why we MUST win one more game. Bubbles pop every year, we need to stay off it. Lunardi still has us on the bubble, despite his "Hand deliver the bid" quote. We are in the last 4 in on his s curve after the UL win.

Velcro, in addition to Live RPI predicting that WVU beats us, they also predict we will go 1-1 in the BET and end up with an RPI #50.4. They do RPI calculations for various other possibilities as well. You might want to look at this page.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/ct/South%20Florida.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

If we end up with an rpi of 50.we.are a 1 seed in the NIT

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Another consideration is who is hot and who is not. If we beat WVU and win another in the tournament, it's a nice way to end the season on a relative upswing and that's a positive thing for Selection Sunday. On the other hand, a team who is red-hot to start the year but stumbles down the stretch might not make it in, or if they do have a much lower seed.

Archived