• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest NCAA predictor %

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Thats a bunch of BS..... There is no way we have an 89% shot of getting in and SHU only is in the 50's, and Cincy with less than a 30% shot.

Agreed. If USF has a 90 percent chance, than Cincinnati is a lock. This predictor isn't very good.

To be fair, he still has Cincy making it in. They're just a few spots behind us. The percentages for the last 5-10 teams drop off so significantly because the spots teams get for winning lower level conferences. A certain number of teams steal spots every year that aren't accounted for.

These predictions and percentages as if the selections were today. Things will change drastically for us following the @ UL game.

The way I read this is that he thinks Cincy has a 30% shot of making it and a 70% shot of missing it.

If it were to end today we would have a shot at getting in, but no way in hell would we have a better seed than Cincy. Cincy belongs more than USF right now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Link? Thx!

Google things...

http://statjunkie.org/home

If he's cut and pasting from another site, we'd like a link back to the original ..... THIS IS A RECORDING.

I get it. However, the time it took to post a complaint about it (s)he could have easily google found the link and posted it.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Thats a bunch of BS..... There is no way we have an 89% shot of getting in and SHU only is in the 50's, and Cincy with less than a 30% shot.

Agreed. If USF has a 90 percent chance, than Cincinnati is a lock. This predictor isn't very good.

To be fair, he still has Cincy making it in. They're just a few spots behind us. The percentages for the last 5-10 teams drop off so significantly because the spots teams get for winning lower level conferences. A certain number of teams steal spots every year that aren't accounted for.

These predictions and percentages as if the selections were today. Things will change drastically for us following the @ UL game.

The way I read this is that he thinks Cincy has a 30% shot of making it and a 70% shot of missing it.

If it were to end today we would have a shot at getting in, but no way in hell would we have a better seed than Cincy. Cincy belongs more than USF right now.

You can present your opinion all you want, but it's not fact.

I honestly don't know if we'd get in ahead of Cincy today or not, but I can tell you it's a reasonable assessment.

Well looking at every projection USF is out and Cincy is in, They have wins vs GT, SHU, ND, UCONN< and Louisville. Played a touger Big East Sch than we did and lost to USF by 1 on the road.

I don't see how any person without Green and Gold Goggles would believe that Cincncy is behind USF.

And if your argument is that we beat Cincy so we belong ahead of them, then I guess VCU who is also on the bubble belongs in over USF becase they spanked us. Right?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Well looking at every projection USF is out and Cincy is in, They have wins vs GT, SHU, ND, UCONN< and Louisville. Played a touger Big East Sch than we did and lost to USF by 1 on the road.

I don't see how any person without Green and Gold Goggles would believe that Cincncy is behind USF.

That is the thing. Everything has a "projection". Lunardi, Palm and the like aren't in the selection committee room. Granted, they are very good at what they do, but they are not right all the time.

I think Cincinnati is in. I feel it's between Seton Hall, WVU and USF (UConn will get in on reputaion and SOS alone). If we beat UL and WVU, then it would be hard to not have USF in.

Not sure how anyone can say we haven't played a tough Big East schedule. We've played Syracuse, ND, UL, G'Town and ND on the road. That's a pretty tough task and no other team in the league can say that that they've played that tough of a schedule.

I agree we beat Louisville and wvu AND WE ARE IN. I dont think Palm or Lunardi would have us out.

We lucked out with getting Providence, Pitt, and Nova twice..... All 3 are bottom feeders this year. Thats where the Big East Sch will hurt us.

Honestly I would have much rather had our sch than say a George Town twice, Cuse twice, and DePaul twice....

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We lucked out with getting Providence, Pitt, and Nova twice..... All 3 are bottom feeders this year. Thats where the Big East Sch will hurt us.

It's not our fault that Pitt and Villanova had bad years. This is all about name recognition and we know we don't carry that.

If Pitt and Villanova had the same record, RPI and SOS as we do right now, then Lunardi and Palm would be talking about how they are safely in right now.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Honestly I would have much rather had our sch than say a George Town twice, Cuse twice, and DePaul twice....

Boy that hindsight is about 20/20 now, eh? Weren't you one of the ones that predicted that we would have 3 wins in the Big East this year?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's not our fault that Pitt and Villanova had bad years. This is all about name recognition and we know we don't carry that.

If Pitt and Villanova had the same record, RPI and SOS as we do right now, then Lunardi and Palm would be talking about how they are safely in right now.

I disagree. Both have always been very good and fair. I don't think anyone is saying we've had an easy schedule. They're saying our wins are inflated by the fact that the majority of our BE schedule was against the cellar dwellers.

again. No big wins. No tourney. The committee has ALWAYS been consistent with that idea.

Archived