• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Danny O'Brien

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

This is the type of QB USF needs. Someone with experience and a point to prove. USF would RS any QB in the 2013 class and have Matt Floyd compete wit the incoming QB. I think this would be a good move not only for USF with the type of WR they have coming in but also for O'Brien.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Is Bullwinkle wrong or did I misread him?

You might want to read the "comments" section on that story.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/could-bulls-be-match-maryland-qb-transfer

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Is Bullwinkle wrong or did I misread him?

Graduating Seniors with remaining eligibility don't have the same "waiting a year out" criteria as other undergrad transfers. This passage is typically NCAA undecipherable, but it speaks to this issue.

And while the 1st bullet point in the section "1 Time transfer exception" seems to negate this, I am pretty sure it is common practice because it allows students to move on to Grad school as they desire without penalty. At least one would hope that the NCAA condones that. Somebody who played for us, did this recently.

Graduate Student Eligibility

A student-athlete who is enrolled in a graduate or professional school of the college or university which he or she previously attended as an undergraduate student may participate in intercollegiate athletics, provided he or she has eligibility remaining and is within five calendar years of initial full-time collegiate enrollment for Division I and within the first 10 full-time semesters of collegiate enrollment for Divisions II and III.

Also, a student-athlete who has eligibility remaining and is within the specified 10-semester period may participate while enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a Division II college or university other than the institution at which he or she completed an undergraduate degree.

Finally, a student-athlete who has eligibility remaining and is within the specified five-year period may participate while enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a Division I college or university other than the institution at which he or she completed an undergraduate degree, provided he or she meets the criteria of the one-time transfer exception to the general transfer residence requirement. That exception is as follows:

• The student-athlete must be seeking to participate in a sport other than baseball, football, basketball and men's ice hockey, except that a student-athlete who seeks to participate in NCAA Football Championship Subdivision may use this exception only if transferring from a Football Bowl Subdivision program.

• The student-athlete may not have transferred previously from another four-year institution unless he or she transferred previously and received an exception to the transfer residence requirement because his or her institution either discontinued the sport or did not sponsor the sport in which the student-athlete is a participant.

• The student must have been in good academic standing and eligible to compete had he or she decided to remain at the previous institution.

• The student-athlete's previous institution must certify in writing that it has no objection to the student-athlete being granted an exception to the transfer residence requirement.

Graduate Student Eligibility

A student-athlete who is enrolled in a graduate or professional school of the college or university which he or she previously attended as an undergraduate student may participate in intercollegiate athletics, provided he or she has eligibility remaining and is within five calendar years of initial full-time collegiate enrollment for Division I and within the first 10 full-time semesters of collegiate enrollment for Divisions II and III.

Also, a student-athlete who has eligibility remaining and is within the specified 10-semester period may participate while enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a Division II college or university other than the institution at which he or she completed an undergraduate degree.

Finally, a student-athlete who has eligibility remaining and is within the specified five-year period may participate while enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a Division I college or university other than the institution at which he or she completed an undergraduate degree, provided he or she meets the criteria of the one-time transfer exception to the general transfer residence requirement. That exception is as follows:

• The student-athlete must be seeking to participate in a sport other than baseball, football, basketball and men's ice hockey, except that a student-athlete who seeks to participate in NCAA Football Championship Subdivision may use this exception only if transferring from a Football Bowl Subdivision program.

• The student-athlete may not have transferred previously from another four-year institution unless he or she transferred previously and received an exception to the transfer residence requirement because his or her institution either discontinued the sport or did not sponsor the sport in which the student-athlete is a participant.

• The student must have been in good academic standing and eligible to compete had he or she decided to remain at the previous institution.

• The student-athlete's previous institution must certify in writing that it has no objection to the student-athlete being granted an exception to the transfer residence requirement.

That's exactly how Grant Gregory was able to play QB immediately at Kansas State after transferring from USF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No thanks. We need to go hard after 2 stud high school QB's and bringing a kid like this onboard could make that task more difficult than it already is.

this from the NE. I'm kinda with Dozer on this one. while it would be nice to have a little better proven depth next year, our real focus should be on bringing in young incredible talent that we can develop and who will become cornerstones in our progress as a program.

Maryland QB Danny O’Brien Transferring And UConn Is Believed To Be Interested

By dconner On February 13, 2012 · 2 Comments

What’s goin on?

Hey, I’m hearing UConn does in fact have interest in Maryland transfer quarterback Danny O’Brien, the ACC Rookie of the Year in 2010.

Now Maryland would have to give permission to release O’Brien obviously and Terps coach Randy Edsall, formerly of UConn,

has reportedly already denied his transfer request to Vanderbilt.

What do you think he’d say if O’Brien threw out UConn as an option?

Well, who knows but it is unusual for a school to release a player to a school that is on its schedule(s).

UM and UConn are scheduled to play in College Park on Sept.15 of this season and Sept.14 in 2013 – at Rentschler Field.

DC

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/maryland-qb-danny-obrien-transferring-and-uconn-is-believed-to-be-interested/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No thanks. We need to go hard after 2 stud high school QB's and bringing a kid like this onboard could make that task more difficult than it already is.

A high school QB isn't going to be concerned that there will be one decent but not spectacular QB on the roster when they are a true freshman. At QB, freshman almost always redshirt, even the best of the best.

Besides, I don't know that I want a "stud" high school QB that is afraid of competition.

A high school QB isn't going to be concerned that there will be one decent but not spectacular QB on the roster when they are a true freshman. At QB, freshman almost always redshirt, even the best of the best.

Besides, I don't know that I want a "stud" high school QB that is afraid of competition.

You go Data. We want the kids that want to fight tooth and nail..... This guy is a dike finger not a river builder.....

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You go Data. We want the kids that want to fight tooth and nail..... This guy is a dike finger not a river builder.....

If this guy is better than what we have, we take him. We need to build depth and competition. Great players don't pass on FSU because there are other great players there.

Archived