• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst College Football Uniforms??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I read an article in the WSJ this morning on "How Fashionable Is Your College Team?"

Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, Colorado & Virgininia Tech were rated "The Best" and UCLA, Washington State, Clemson (called an "Eyesore"), and Baylor were rated "The Worst".

USF's uniforms weren't mentioned in the article; I happen to think they are pretty nice.

What one college football team would you rate as having the worst and best uniforms?

Worst --> Louisiana Tech

Best --> Oregon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Worst - Penn State

Best - Maryland's unis they played against Miami in. Loved 'em.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Worst - Wyoming (Maryland is a close second, though)

Best - Ohio State

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf's wounded warrior uniforms were horrible otherwise uniform is undistinguishable

i like the classics

usc,michigan

fsu is great

• Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Worst - temple's white and maroon stripes

Best - Michigan St

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i haven't been a fan of the Nike Pro Combat unis... WVU wore them last year with the grey helmets and weird patterns on the numbers and they just looked dirty.

i'm not really a fan of any unis that have the "faded" look on the numbers. Boise would be a good example from last night's MAACO bowl:

Maaco_Bowl_Football.sff-a5f8be19-43d0-4eec-933a-f0cdcf7457dd.jpg

then again, i wouldn't care what the Bulls wore on the field as long as they won the game...

gotta stop being cats and be some DOGS. meow.

• Content Count:  959

Personally, I'm a traditionalist. I like Penn State, Bama, etc. I don't think college uniforms should look like NFL or, worse still, Arena uniforms. Oregon's and Maryland's make me just shake my head. But, apparently, it's what kids like these days. Also, I don't like changing uniforms every couple of years. Minor tweaks, yeah I guess, but major changes I don't like. It's robs tradition.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I prefer the traditional old school block-font number jerseys over the UA fancy-pants stuff.

That being said, I think USF is the best (blinded by loyalty).

I think michigan state is the worst when they wear that gold helmet with the all green. Like they are trying to bite our rhymes.

• Content Count:  1,482

Worst - Wyoming. Brown and yellow just isn't a good scheme, regardless of how cool the unis are

Best - Maryland's against Miami / All of Oregon's

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm 28, and usually more of a fan of the newer stuff, but I tend to like the "different" stuff no matter what.

I still like traditional ones, though I would prefer to see names on the back...I understand the "no names, only team" thing, but I like to know who I'm looking at, and other than USF, I can't identify anyone by numbers only.

But I'm not a fan of all of the Nike or UA uniforms. I actually liked Washington State's uni's this year, the gray was pretty cool, even though it's not their traditional colors. I'm not a fan of Florida or Boise, I just don't like orange/blue as a contrast. And Clemson does look like utter shiz with their orange/purple.

Wyoming is definitely a product of horrible school colors. chocolate and gold do not go together.

Black is my favorite color, so I always dig a team when they have all blacks or something. Arizona State's black ones, and their redesigned pitchfork logo are awesome.

Archived