• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bball tonight (12/22/11)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Come on Heath. Still the rest of the season but you better figure out how to win on the road.

He hasn't figured it out in 10 years, I just can't see the light bulb coming on for him with the Big East season right around the corner.

I have no clue how Heath landed the class he did that is coming in, and 2013 kids. The coach had the 2 other fans that there are for USF basketball fooled after the Cleveland St win.

Heath has made some good hires for asst coaches in Cox, A. Hipsher, and Roccaforte. The latter is my choice for the next head coach at USF. Coach Rocc won't cost USF much money at first. Hiring him keeps Egbunu and Davis coming to USF and the strong connection to Linzy Davis. Of course any HC will do the samething as I see Coach Rocc staying with USF. He is considered a great asst coach and his recruiting capabilities is well documented.

Those 2 fans will be around here soon enough. It takes them longer to post on here after every loss.

NO WAY

if heath gets canned why would you hire his assistant? wasnt assistant part of the problem? if heath goes i dont want to see any of his assistants as our coach

usf needs a name coach or a truly accomplished young coach next time around

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I didn't see anything surprising or unexpected about last nights game.

Nor do I really see anyone around here defending Heath.

What some do see is a contract situation that USF is unlikely to just "eat". I do see progress on the recruiting front.....and maybe that is due to the assistants...we had heard Rocc was a good recruiter.

That said....I still doubt Heath is canned after this season unless the boys lose nearly every BE contest....he is just owed way too much money in comparison to what USF takes in each year in athletics.

Really...if you look at it.....everything is set for Heath to fail next season. You will have a backcourt with some experience. You will have 3 highly touted recruits....really 4 with the 7'3" Nigerian....Poland will still be here. And you will have all your games at the New Sun Dome.

If Heath struggles next season....that will probably be it.

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

What some do see is a contract situation that USF is unlikely to just "eat". I do see progress on the recruiting front.....and maybe that is due to the assistants...we had heard Rocc was a good recruiter.

That said....I still doubt Heath is canned after this season unless the boys lose nearly every BE contest....he is just owed way too much money in comparison to what USF takes in each year in athletics.

Really...if you look at it.....everything is set for Heath to fail next season. You will have a backcourt with some experience. You will have 3 highly touted recruits....really 4 with the 7'3" Nigerian....Poland will still be here. And you will have all your games at the New Sun Dome.

Good analysis. With the facility upgrades, there should be no more excuses as to why we can't build a program if the coaching is sound.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I agree Heath won't be fired after the year, but who's fault is it for his undeservedly high contract? Answer - Woolard.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Turrible, just turrible. We suck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

Not sure of the wording there but everything is set for Stan to succeed next year .... everything was set for Stan to fail last season ... and I think most agree with you that if he doesn't show improvement next season that should probably be it.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Come on Heath. Still the rest of the season but you better figure out how to win on the road.

He hasn't figured it out in 10 years, I just can't see the light bulb coming on for him with the Big East season right around the corner.

I have no clue how Heath landed the class he did that is coming in, and 2013 kids. The coach had the 2 other fans that there are for USF basketball fooled after the Cleveland St win.

Heath has made some good hires for asst coaches in Cox, A. Hipsher, and Roccaforte. The latter is my choice for the next head coach at USF. Coach Rocc won't cost USF much money at first. Hiring him keeps Egbunu and Davis coming to USF and the strong connection to Linzy Davis. Of course any HC will do the samething as I see Coach Rocc staying with USF. He is considered a great asst coach and his recruiting capabilities is well documented.

Those 2 fans will be around here soon enough. It takes them longer to post on here after every loss.

NO WAY

if heath gets canned why would you hire his assistant? wasnt assistant part of the problem? if heath goes i dont want to see any of his assistants as our coach

Coach Rocc didn't learn under Heath. He's not a long time assistant of Stan. If Heath was fired today, you wouldn't see the same style of play the rest of the season and the next that you have been seeing from Stan.

Rocc would come cheap like I said and he would do more with the upgraded facilities then Stan is capable of. Of course I would love for a Big Name to take over the program, but I doubt an incompetent AD like Woolard would look to hire a Highly Recognizable Coach. Hope to be proven wrong on that, but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

NO WAY

Coach Rocc didn't learn under Heath. He's not a long time assistant of Stan. If Heath was fired today, you wouldn't see the same style of play the rest of the season and the next that you have been seeing from Stan.

Rocc would come cheap like I said and he would do more with the upgraded facilities then Stan is capable of. Of course I would love for a Big Name to take over the program, but I doubt an incompetent AD like Woolard would look to hire a Highly Recognizable Coach. Hope to be proven wrong on that, but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Coach Rocc given the opportunity at the head coaching position. The guy can recruit, has experience as a head coach, and has some impressive stops on his resume.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

NO WAY

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Coach Rocc given the opportunity at the head coaching position. The guy can recruit, has experience as a head coach, and has some impressive stops on his resume.

Give Rocc the gig. I wouldn't mind seeing some Memphis style of ball right now. We would probably be undefeated if we played that way and still had the strong defense.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I dont care what his contract buyout is, if he doesnt win over 2 (should be like 5, but its USF) conference games this season (likely) it would be more detrimental to the program than if we spent the cash to get rid of him.

If you do not win more than 2 conference games it has a lot more to do with faciliy upgrades, time, spirtits, etc. It has to do with you being a bad x and o, game time preparer, leader/mentor and conditioning coach. No other way to slice it.

Archived