• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh, how times have changed

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Four or five years ago, I was considered by some be irrational of our criticism of the team.

These days, I seem to be one of the more rational ones.

Have I really changed that much, or is it simply our new generation of "fans"? Because I certainly don't feel like I've changed a whole lot.

I'm pissed, don't get me wrong, but some of these people...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

by this time the season was already long gone and we were playing a much better team... nobody should really be that surprised

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it comes down to qb play

wv had it at end of the game---crunch time

usf did not

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Four or five years ago, I was considered by some be irrational of our criticism of the team.

Have I really changed that much, or is it simply our new generation of "fans"? Because I certainly don't feel like I've changed a whole lot.

our fan base is getting more delusional.

we had A LOT of people jump on in '07 and don't remember the lean years. for many this is the first truly disappointing season.

i think the meltdown is also directly proportional to the expectations put on Skip coming in... many believed we had the talent we just didn't have the coach to get us over the hump and expected CSH to come in and make it happen immediately. that didn't happen and some people are bugging out.

• Content Count:  4,501

our fan base is getting more delusional.

we had A LOT of people jump on in '07 and don't remember the lean years. for many this is the first truly disappointing season.

i think the meltdown is also directly proportional to the expectations put on Skip coming in... many believed we had the talent we just didn't have the coach to get us over the hump and expected CSH to come in and make it happen immediately. that didn't happen and some people are bugging out.

Isn't that a new coach is supposed to bring ? Hope - Wins - When you don't you get bashed. Part of the business.

• Content Count:  5,241

The talent is clearly there...except when BJ fumbled the ball...I don't see the coaching on offense or the passion or drive to finish out games.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With as young a program and as small a fanbase we have, as time goes on and we grow, those that remember the lean years will get fewer and fewer. Pretty much a fact we all need to accept. With this losing season, though, only the most diehard Bulls fans will be following the team like we follow them, but if we can start winning, the number of fans will increase but the number of those that are patient and "non-delusional" will decrease.

Maturity as a fan takes time. Just need to try and be more understanding of those that don't quite get the school of hard knocks we're enrolled in right now.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The talent is clearly there...

The talent is clearly there...for what?

What kind of team do you think the talent is there for? An 8-4 season? 12-0? Top 25? Top 5?

Watch some of the plays being made by teams like LSU and Oregon, and tell me we have as much talent.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

Here we go

Maybe he means enough talent to win last night.

Not be Top 5, beat LSU or own the world. Just to win a game in the weakest of BCS conferences.

Looked to me like we had the talent to win last night and then brain-cramped.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Here we go Maybe he means enough talent to win last night. Not be Top 5, beat LSU or own the world. Just to win a game in the weakest of BCS conferences. Looked to me like we had the talent to win last night and then brain-cramped.

Or maybe our coaching staff put together an excellent game plan to maximize the talent we do have and cover up for areas we are short on talent.

Archived