• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Changes HAVE to Be Made

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Giddins penalty was completely inexcusable. Under any circumstances.

I do have to admit, though, I really don't remember seeing a QB given so much time to wait around until a receiver comes open.

We kept hearing during the game that USF's defense leads the nation in sacks, that USF is top 5 in the country in not giving up plays for more than 20 yards. On that last drive wouldn't it make more sense to try to pressure the QB into at least having to make a throw under pressure? If you give anyone all day to throw the ball, someone is going to get open somewhere downfield.

With all the great stats that this defense put up (Sacks, red zone defense, TFL, etc). Those last couple of drives really pointed out how horrible our situational play calling has been all year. On the fourth down at the WVU 30, when all that was needed was a couple of yards, why on earth would you be playing off the receiver?

It wasn't just one play by BJ or penalty by Giddins or the KO return, it was a bunch of plays that if we did things the right way with even one of them we would have won.

The problem, and I think this is what reflects back to the coaching staff, is that there are continually so many of them...over and over and over.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

At the least for the love of GOD get a new special teams coach....do we even have one?

no they dont

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

At the least for the love of GOD get a new special teams coach....do we even have one?

no they dont

Right on top of things, as usual ....

Vernon Hargreaves

Position: Special Teams Coordinator - Defensive Ends

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Giddins penalty was completely inexcusable. Under any circumstances.

I do have to admit, though, I really don't remember seeing a QB given so much time to wait around until a receiver comes open.

We kept hearing during the game that USF's defense leads the nation in sacks, that USF is top 5 in the country in not giving up plays for more than 20 yards. On that last drive wouldn't it make more sense to try to pressure the QB into at least having to make a throw under pressure? If you give anyone all day to throw the ball, someone is going to get open somewhere downfield.

With all the great stats that this defense put up (Sacks, red zone defense, TFL, etc). Those last couple of drives really pointed out how horrible our situational play calling has been all year. On the fourth down at the WVU 30, when all that was needed was a couple of yards, why on earth would you be playing off the receiver?

It wasn't just one play by BJ or penalty by Giddins or the KO return, it was a bunch of plays that if we did things the right way with even one of them we would have won.

The problem, and I think this is what reflects back to the coaching staff, is that there are continually so many of them...over and over and over.

No one says its excusible,

But to call the same defensive play again later in the game. THAT is inexcusible.

Archived