• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The most frustrating things

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I have talent on my basketball team 1-7. I don't after that. So, no, no depth. But enough talent to win the Valley wide championship (again).

I believe "plenty of talent" was the term being discussed and you had replacement talen at 40% of your positions ... I think that qualifies as depth.

I was told there would be no math

There wasn't ... You just imagined it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I have talent on my basketball team 1-7. I don't after that. So, no, no depth. But enough talent to win the Valley wide championship (again).

I believe "plenty of talent" was the term being discussed and you had replacement talen at 40% of your positions ... I think that qualifies as depth.

numbers.... percentages.... got a real math feel to it

• Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's all in your mind ...

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

It's all in your mind ...

thought I heard something clanging around up there again

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

We're 5-6!

We DO NOT have enough talent, coaching, experience, depth, or whatever other reason/excuse we want to come up with.

THAT's frustrating to me because it seems to be the same every year. Well, not every year because this year our record is worse, 5-6.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

In basketball all you need is 8. 7 might get you by if you have 0 injuries.

In football you need 11 offensive starters, 11 defensive starters, 1P, 1K, 11 special teams "starters", 3 backup offensive linemen, 4 backup defensive linemen, 2 backup lb, 2 backup dbs, 1 backup qb, 1 backup rb, 1 backup te/fb, 2 backup wr.

By my count you need 40 to 51 talented players.

I don't think we have that.

Great math. Clearly they are two different sports with different line-ups, etc.

I'd also be in trouble if I coached man to man defense with a 10 yard padding, or didn't coach to limit turnovers.

I was trying to illustrate the difference between talent and depth. Should my team suffer two-three injuries, I'd be in trouble.

USF's starting line-up has a lot of talent. So much, that many expected more at beginning of season.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Not really, not when you run a 7 man rotation as is often the case in basketball.

Archived