• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Glazers paying for on campus stadium???

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

build it, and they will come.... I would not expect the Glazers to do squat for USF, except raise parking to $20 next year

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

build it, and they will come.... I would not expect the Glazers to do squat for USF, except raise parking to $20 next year

Are you saying that attendance at an OC stadium would be higher? Or was that for dramatic effect?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Since the stadium isn't at USF and is in New Orleans, you guys shouldn't get your knickers twisted.

As a Hillsborough County tax payer, I think I have reason to have my knickers bunched. They have us pay for the stadium in which they're team plays and then they build a stadium in New Orleans?

Can you wait until they even break dirt? Which do you think is cheaper? Stadium rental or stadium upkeep and future renovations? If you don't know, check the Sun Dome history.

Since TSA gets a portion of the gate and the Glazers get all concessions and parking, rental verses upkeep is pretty much a wash. In fact,concessions alone would pay off financing and if done right, parking would pay for upkeep. The Sun Dome has served us well, has been well worth it's initial investment and previous upgrades, and will be more so after the current renovations.

Millions in parking fees and concessions? Really?

Millions for upkeep? Really?

Keep in mind, if the Glazers would donate a large amount to build a stadium, there would be less to finance, thus millions would not be needed.

Since the stadium isn't at USF and is in New Orleans, you guys shouldn't get your knickers twisted.

As a Hillsborough County tax payer, I think I have reason to have my knickers bunched. They have us pay for the stadium in which they're team plays and then they build a stadium in New Orleans?

Can you wait until they even break dirt? Which do you think is cheaper? Stadium rental or stadium upkeep and future renovations? If you don't know, check the Sun Dome history.

Since TSA gets a portion of the gate and the Glazers get all concessions and parking, rental verses upkeep is pretty much a wash. In fact,concessions alone would pay off financing and if done right, parking would pay for upkeep. The Sun Dome has served us well, has been well worth it's initial investment and previous upgrades, and will be more so after the current renovations.

Keep in mind, if the Glazers would donate a large amount to build a stadium, there would be less to finance, thus millions would not be needed.

And future renovations. So, tens of millions. Sorry.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

My angle was more at the money the glazers have been screwing us out of. And the community.

My angle was more at the money the glazers have been screwing us out of. And the community.

As is mine.

And future renovations. So, tens of millions. Sorry.

If done right, renovations would not be needed for many many years. Who do you think will have to dole out the money when Ray Jay needs upgrading? The Glazers?

As is mine.

The Bucs are $100 million in debt according to the BBC. And my angle was you don't seem to realize the costs involved in upkeep and future renovations. I am not saying that its anywhere near that, but the new Meadowlands stadium annual upkeep cost is half a million according to ballpark.com. And haven't seen what is going to be built but it will pale in comparison to the current facilities and may impact recruiting. Do you want a UCF erector set stadium? BTW, that POS cost around $55 million. You think Glazer is going to shell out more for something decent? Last decent college stadium I know of was the one in Minnesota, cost $300 million.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Slick,

You think revenues are paying for upkeep and renovations?

Maybe some day to day stuff, but in 5 years when RayJay needs a giant sports bar in one end zone, and about a half a dozen other superfluous "upgrades" they're coming to the taxpayers again.

Slick,

You think revenues are paying for upkeep and renovations?

Maybe some day to day stuff, but in 5 years when RayJay needs a giant sports bar in one end zone, and about a half a dozen other superfluous "upgrades" they're coming to the taxpayers again.

No Joe, I don't, Swamprat does.

Archived