• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victor Marc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Marc's bonehead play at RU didn't cost us a TD. It should have but the D stood tall, and held RU to a chip shot FG.

No, but you can make a convincing argument that it cost us that game.

We were in total control up until that point.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

this. how many points did we lose that game by again? i fergut.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We were still in control at the final play. The long snapper cost us the game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

this. how many points did we lose that game by again? i fergut.

imagine how bad it could have been if he hadn't recovered two fumbles early in that game while were still in our own end of the field. You can't just focus on what he does wrong-- what about what he does that is positive?

ps-- we may be jinxing this guy into oblivion in this thread (well perhaps I may be doing that by pointing out the positive efforts being overlooked)

EDIT-- I may be confusing the Rutgers game with the Cuse game-- I have had a few beers today at the tailgate

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

we waited years for athletes like Ajax with size (in his case, height) and speed to fully develop only for it never to materialize.

Marc has recovered a couple fumbles, which was sheer luck.

he has blown two plays that cost us points, which was sheer lack of football fundamentals.

give me a guy who is fundamentally solid over a guy who gets lucky any day.

not ripping the kid, but we can't put him out there and just cross our fingers that all his size and athleticism develops into a fundamentally sound football player.

tough crowd--- you guys have zero tolerance for mistakes and zero ability to appreciate so called "lucky" effort either. It wasn't lucky when he ripped BJs fumble away from two converging defenders-- THAT WAS HUSTLE

you're right-- let's get back to those guys who don't even bother to catch the passes so we don't have to be mad when they fumble out of the endzone

I've seen him make one really bad play--- and that was the punt he screwed up on. We've got guys on here writing a paragraph on how he doesn't know how to change hands while trying to dive over two DBs into the end zone. Seems simple when you are watching it in slow motion -- let's ignore that it is happening in split seconds. But he does fumble so we get the breakdown of what he did wrong. If he doesn't fumble and scores --- no one bothers to say "hey-- he should have switched hands-- what poor fundamentals". No one probably says anything beyond "nice play"-- how convenient.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I can forgive the fumble going into the end zone. The punt was an incredibly bonehead move and every punt returner should know not to field that ball, especially when you're ahead. I might be able to see it if we were down by a lot with a little time left.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tough crowd--- you guys have zero tolerance for mistakes and zero ability to appreciate so called "lucky" effort either. It wasn't lucky when he ripped BJs fumble away from two converging defenders-- THAT WAS HUSTLE

Hustle doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals - which is pretty much the point of this particular thread.

you're right-- let's get back to those guys who don't even bother to catch the passes so we don't have to be mad when they fumble out of the endzone

:rolleyes: yeah because this makes a whole lot of sense.

I've seen him make one really bad play--- and that was the punt he screwed up on. We've got guys on here writing a paragraph on how he doesn't know how to change hands while trying to dive over two DBs into the end zone.

Don't you think that's something he should know how to do? Or at least he should learn, especially if he wants to continue to have the opportunity to make plays for this team?

Seems simple when you are watching it in slow motion -- let's ignore that it is happening in split seconds. But he does fumble so we get the breakdown of what he did wrong. If he doesn't fumble and scores --- no one bothers to say "hey-- he should have switched hands-- what poor fundamentals". No one probably says anything beyond "nice play"-- how convenient.

Exactly - it's called "doing his job." I'm sure if he had scored we would have said what a great play it would have been, and moved on. But guess what - HE FUMBLED. Why? POOR FUNDAMENTALS. Thank goodness you're not on the coaching staff as you obviously don't think what he did wrong was a big deal.

Hustle doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals - which is pretty much the point of this particular thread.

:rolleyes: yeah because this makes a whole lot of sense.

I've seen him make one really bad play--- and that was the punt he screwed up on. We've got guys on here writing a paragraph on how he doesn't know how to change hands while trying to dive over two DBs into the end zone.

Don't you think that's something he should know how to do? Or at least he should learn, especially if he wants to continue to have the opportunity to make plays for this team?

Seems simple when you are watching it in slow motion -- let's ignore that it is happening in split seconds. But he does fumble so we get the breakdown of what he did wrong. If he doesn't fumble and scores --- no one bothers to say "hey-- he should have switched hands-- what poor fundamentals". No one probably says anything beyond "nice play"-- how convenient.

Exactly - it's called "doing his job." I'm sure if he had scored we would have said what a great play it would have been, and moved on. But guess what - HE FUMBLED. Why? POOR FUNDAMENTALS. Thank goodness you're not on the coaching staff as you obviously don't think what he did wrong was a big deal.

it must be tough going through life being so **** perfect

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm nowhere near perfect, but I also don't get lauded for every part of my job I accomplish well. I do, however, get instruction and correction in areas where I might need it from my employer, my wife, etc. I also do the same for my kid. We should all try to do better in whatever it is we do.

I hope that puts it in perspective a little better.

Archived