• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interest in BYU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

BYU makes a lot on sense from both sides. SDSU is being eyed as insurance.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The west coast teams have us by the gonads. :blink:

• Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think they'll split UC/UL or USF/UCF. If BYU makes it 5 western teams, I think Navy would be shifted out there.

Navy isn't going West. Boise is probably pulling for SDSU and, quite honestly, it would be a good move for football only if it makes Boise and AF happy.

Someone (UCF/Navy) could be out in the cold if Boise, AF, BYU, SDSU, Houston and SMU are going to be the in the West division.

Based upon some published reports, Air Force may not happen. If that's true, it makes me wonder whether Navy will be as interested in joining. We could end up without any service acadamies after this is all said and done. I tend to think that what's been holding up the final invitations are the service academies and their indecision. But if we get BYU on board I think BYU > AF because there's far more upside.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think BYU could help get Air Force in. Couple that with Boise and SDSU (who Air Force already plays) and I think AF comes into the fold.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

The west coast teams have us by the gonads. :blink:

at this point the Big East should be happy anyone would even consider TOUCHING its gonads. this league isn't the hottest commodity with all the instability, but there are definite upsides. the league's TV contract is next up for renewal and could match or surpass ACC dollars if the right teams are in the right markets. we have BCS AQ status for at least 2 years and if teams like Boise and BYU join we will keep it. we also offer partial membership, something other leagues have not been willing to do. exposure and footprints in the east are desirable to teams who want to recruit Florida, Ohio and the Northeast. Boise and BYU will no longer be night games to the larger TV audiences in the east.

i say let them organize their own western division and we'll work with them. better to stay afloat than to sink back to obscurity. i don't care for the idea of California schools, but if the membership of Boise, BYU and/or Air Force is contingent upon SDSU then screw it. Fresno would be an even better idea, IMO. it's closer to Boise by a couple hundred miles.

Archived