• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The time has come....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

other coaches are not afraid to make changes mid-season or even mid-game at some of the most important positions on the field, including QB. Schiano did it, Strong has done it, Pasqualoni has done it....and outside of the BE Hoke and even Miles have done it. The team and the season are at a point now that changes should be made to figure out who buys in and who goes out for selfish reasons, who plays with desire and who goes out with their own plan regardless of how often they ask him to play a certain way, who is hungry to play and who is satisfied because we have new uni combos.

I don't want to oversimplify and I understand that this sport is unlike many others but our record, especially in BE play, IMO leaves no other option but to look at next year. If you manage to get two more wins in the process to win an opportunity to play a 13th game and continue to work with those who will build your future then good for the program. Coaches always mention that bowls allow the team to begin to look at next year, I say they start now and have an entire month of working towards 2012.

Again, not trying to make light of it but every sport does it at some point, they make changes and start evaluating for the future. This is the best that we can hope for, wholesale change with personnel, because realistically Holtz isn't going anywhere and nor should he but an evaluation for USF's fball future should take place and it should happen now.

The time for it has come!

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

other coaches are not afraid to make changes mid-season or even mid-game at some of the most important positions on the field, including QB. Schiano did it, Strong has done it, Pasqualoni has done it....and outside of the BE Hoke and even Miles have done it. The team and the season are at a point now that changes should be made to figure out who buys in and who goes out for selfish reasons, who plays with desire and who goes out with their own plan regardless of how often they ask him to play a certain way, who is hungry to play and who is satisfied because we have new uni combos.

I don't want to oversimplify and I understand that this sport is unlike many others but our record, especially in BE play, IMO leaves no other option but to look at next year. If you manage to get two more wins in the process to win an opportunity to play a 13th game and continue to work with those who will build your future then good for the program. Coaches always mention that bowls allow the team to begin to look at next year, I say they start now and have an entire month of working towards 2012.

Again, not trying to make light of it but every sport does it at some point, they make changes and start evaluating for the future. This is the best that we can hope for, wholesale change with personnel, because realistically Holtz isn't going anywhere and nor should he but an evaluation for USF's fball future should take place and it should happen now.

What he said.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i feel like the only person who uses the "like" feature on this forum, but the OP just got "liked." or "green arrowed" or whatever.

• Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Great Post and totally agree!

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Great Post and totally agree!

I'm all for it, but it won't happen with this coaching staff. The great BJ Daniels reclamation project will live on in to 2012.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

BJ will be the starting QB in 2012... we have no other options.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What happened to Floyd?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What happened to Floyd?

It was rather evident early in the season that Eveld is far behind Daniels. It has been said by the coaches that Floyd is far behind Eveld.

Fans were clamoring for Tebow in Denver. Are they happy now?

The most popular player on the football team is always the backup quarterback. There is a reason he is the backup. Hopefully better options develop over the next season or two.

Archived