• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 Football schedule?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'll be traveling to L'ville next week . . .

BIG EAST "East Division"

USF

UCF

RUTGERS

NAVY

UCONN

Temple or Memphis

BIG EAST "West Division"

CINCY

L'VILLE

AIR FORCE

BOISE ST

HOUSTON

SMU

Teams will play every team in their division and then play 3 teams from the other division every other year.

For example:

We'll play: UCF, RUTGERS, NAVY, UCONN & Temple or Memphis each year.

Every other year we play: Cincy, Air Force and Houston OR L'ville, Boise St, & SMU.

Go BULLS !!!

I haven't given this much thought. But will the East Div. teams play the same 3 teams from the West each year? Would scheduling allow that? Don't see how that would work. Or are the teams that draw, let's say, Houston and Boise in the same year at a disadvantage in determining conference record compared to the teams that play 3 lesser opponents?

In the SEC the Gayturds play the same 3 teams from the other SEC division every other season... not sure how the Big12, B1G, ACC, or PAC do it.

If everyone does it the same way then that is that... if not and everyone does it different then I will have to say that I'm partial to the SEC model...

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

ET, your alignment is fine if it's Temple or Army admitted. If Memphis comes in, they're further west than Lville and Cincy. Either the Cats or Cards would be in the east, most likely Cincy first.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Would really not like to lose the yearly game with UL.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The top 2 teams from Conference A should play the top 2 in Conf B and so on. Try to get some parity in the cross-conference games, even if it means playing the same guys year after year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Sounds like all the adds are for 2013 and 2014. For 2012, it sure would be nice to have 9 teams so we don't need to add a crap 5th game again. If WVU does go next season, part of the negotiation should be that they have to play all OOC games (3 next season since B12 plays 9 in conference) for the next 3 years against the core/original 5 BE teams to help with scheduling.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

"Looks like we are one short I'm guessing that was the TCU spot. Looks like every team in the BigEast has slots open. With WVU making waves about jumping we need to schedule a replacement fast."

At this point, we don't know what the conference schedule might be--can't be adding anything yet, fast or otherwise.

• Content Count:  879

Nver see many USF fans at the Louisville games when you guys play up there. You guys should come up next year. Good times.

Redbird,

We were up for the USF-UL game a few years back, when it was cold and rainy. I had a great time at that game. Loved your stadium and atmosphere. I do think your seats are a little strange, but other than that, I really liked it.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I heard a rumor on ESPN Radio that UCF, SMU, and Houston all want to join the Big East in 2012... the reason why they have yet to accept the invites they have received is that those 3 schools are trying to iron out all of the legal road blocks that are preventing them from joining in 2012.

• Content Count:  879

I was under the impression that they were waiting to announce because they wanted to announce with Boise and that couldn't happen until the Boise President was given authority to go to a new conference, which would happen Thursday, and then they would announce together on Friday.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Dixie, one problem I see with your idea about the 5 + 3 model is Navy and AFA. They will want to play EVERY year. Because of that.....you are probably going to have to have one permanent crossover game with someone from the Western and Eastern sides. Then rotate the other 2 conference games between the other 5 members.

The only problem with that is besides AFA and Navy....there are no other natural tie ins.

It will also depend on who the 12th team is.

Archived