• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soccer Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I took the tour of the athletics district last Friday and noticed something that I was not to pleased about. When I walked into the (beautiful) soccer stadium, I noticed that the scoreboard is the equivalent of what I would expect a high school to have. I just shrugged it off until we reached our next stop on the tour. The baseball and softball stadium. How is it that our best program gets the shaft on their scoreboard when the under achieving programs get those awesome monitors? I doubt that baseball brings in that much more money for our school.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Football, basketball, baseball...everyone else, get in line.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Soccer scoreboards aren't flashy to begin with.

Team names and scores, clock, and if you're lucky, maybe some text that flashes the name/number of the latest goal or penalty and that's about it. Soccer isn't a scoreboard watching event, I'd be happy with a giant LED clock for all to see and 2 people hanging number boards on a hook. LOL

Edit - there aren't that many stoppages of play longer than a few seconds to bombard the (usually smaller than other sports) crowds anyways. Baseball, football, hoops, and even volleyball have plenty of time to stuff with ads, pump up chants, fight songs, and other filler.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

This is being worked on currently. Hope to have something similar to what is at the old Soccer/Track & Field Stadium. Should have one in place shortly.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Added Topic rating to this board only for trial period.

Many asked for it a long time ago, but we couldn't deliver. I rated this topic to see how it works. Please feel free to honestly rate topics and that will help other community members sort them out.

Any further discussion on topic rating should take place on the NEW TBP discussion boards at bottom of home page

Archived