• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Philosphy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

For too long we have been recruiting athletes...

Our focus needs to shift from fast athletes to good football players...

Andre Davis is an example of this. Not that fast but is a great FOOTBALL player... Hopefully this is a theme with the next few classes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Because that is real easy when schools like Alabama, FSU, and Florida jump on those type kids off the bat...

Seriously, we've had to go with athletes because the majority of those big type players go to the powerhouses.

We get a couple here and there, usually the juco route gives us our best shot.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have expressed my opinion many times. We need to go outside the FL market and recruit nationally. We need to open up a larger recruiting base. All other teams are picking football players from a much larger talent pool.

• Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

We def. need to get some big bruisers from the midwest and northeast that can play bluecollar football in conference games.

At least Pitt won't be a problem much longer. Lol.

I have expressed my opinion many times. We need to go outside the FL market and recruit nationally. We need to open up a larger recruiting base. All other teams are picking football players from a much larger talent pool.

Yeah and most schools have a recruiting budget 5-6 times your size

Yeah and most schools have a recruiting budget 5-6 times our size

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well, ya know what, we accepted the BE/BCS invitation. We accepted to play with the big boys, we reap the benefits of playing in the big boy conference now its time to start acting like the big boys. If we continue to recruit like a Sun belt team then we shouldn't expect any different results the we get now.

If UCF, FAU and FIU are finding ways to recruit kids from 10 or 12 different states then there is no reason we shouldn't have the ability to start getting kids from other states and regions.

From 1991 until 2009 Snyder was a coach in Ohio and WV. 16 years of that was spent in the state of Ohio. You mean to tell me he has no connections to High schools in OH? Between 1998 and 2010 when he came here Skip Holtz was coaching in the Carolinas. He doesn't have any connections to high schools in SC or NC?

There is no reason we can't bring in more kids from out of state at this point. I think we have a total of 4 or 5 out of state kids on our roster.

Yet the whole rest of the country is fighting to get those type guys out of Florida

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Yet the whole rest of the country is fighting to get those type guys out of Florida

Not everyone.http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/201/oklahoma-sooners.

Think I saw 2 from FL and one is a K.

Comparing our level of recruiting to say...Oklahoma is completely just. Seeing as like the Sooners we practically hand pick our signees

Archived