• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we please stop the fade to the corner...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

on 3rd down inside the 20? This entire season we have thrown the fade to the corner of the end zone on 3rd down in the red zone. UC was ready for it today and had it well convered twice. Dang, I'm an old guy watching tv or in the stands and I called it each time - we don't think a D1A team that prepares for the game sees it?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

on 3rd down inside the 20? This entire season we have thrown the fade to the corner of the end zone on 3rd down in the red zone. UC was ready for it today and had it well convered twice. Dang, I'm an old guy watching tv or in the stands and I called it each time - we don't think a D1A team that prepares for the game sees it?

I like the fade but that is a play you run on first or second down not on third. On third down you want to have multiple ways to score down there whether its a run pass option or just more than one option for the QB out in the pass pattern. If you're gunna run it on third down you better have a big tall freakshow Calvin Johnson type WR who creates a huge mismatch no matter the situation, and we don't have that.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We haven't had a QB or a receiver who could throw or run a fade route properly since Julmiste and Peyton ran it together in 2006. We can't run the play so we shouldn't even by trying it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,622
  • Days Won:  424

We haven't had a QB or a receiver who could throw or run a fade route properly since Julmiste and Peyton ran it together in 2006. We can't run the play so we shouldn't even by trying it.

For the record, we did score twice today with that pass today..... correct?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

For the record, we did score twice today with that pass today..... correct?

Maybe I missed something, but I thought we only scored on it once today and it wasn't on 3rd down. Could very well be wrong. I'm getting worn out.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Maybe I missed something, but I thought we only scored on it once today and it wasn't on 3rd down. Could very well be wrong. I'm getting worn out.

Griffin and Davis' TD's were one fades

Archived