• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Air Force Intentions with the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

love the stories, would love the addition of AFA and the other service schools.

but at this point nothing anybody says means **** until Marinato announces an accepted invitation from any of these schools.

in recent weeks we've seen ECU, Temple, Navy, AFA and UCF (well, they've been begging since the last realignment) expressing interest.

and contrary to all logic, the BE has done nothing.

adding teams to the conference is absolutely critical for survival of the conference, and would add the perception of at least an attempt at stability that schools on the fence are looking for.

BE has done nothing.

and for her part, i really hope Pres. Genshaft has done as much (more) to push for other schools to get an invite as she has to block UCF's. we are on the bottom of the pecking order along with Cinci, except we've never won the conference, gone to a BCS bowl and had Top 10 finishes before. they have. and they're also in a state that makes a lot more sense geographically to a lot more conferences than we do. if Judy isn't in these meetings and conference calls with her hair on fire to get the service academies or Temple in ASAP she is doing USF an enormous decision as we have the most to lose.

how freakin simple is it to add Temple or even ECU, who's already chomping at the bit, to show other schools we're committed to survival and viability as a conference?? then move forward with the service academies.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660

**** - let's move on this.  Add Houston and SMU as all sports right now and then invite the 3 academies and Boise as FB only.  Might be 1 or 2 years of 14 teams and then to 12 when Pitt and Cuse bolt.

• Content Count:  1,719

**** - let's move on this.  Add Houston and SMU as all sports right now and then invite the 3 academies and Boise as FB only.  Might be 1 or 2 years of 14 teams and then to 12 when Pitt and Cuse bolt.

up until now i haven't been big on Boise. their geography, minuscule TV market and **** academics make them ugly.

but right now the Big East needs poll rankings as much as anything to have any shot to maintain AQ status, and Boise would give an instant shot in the arm in that dept. this would only work, however, if we add the Air Force/SMU/Houston package.

i honestly believe a Big East + all service academies, SMU, Houston and Temple to get to 12 (+ Shitt and Scuse) could maintain AQ status. add Boise and our chances would increase ten-fold.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

up until now i haven't been big on Boise. their geography, minuscule TV market and **** academics make them ugly.

but right now the Big East needs poll rankings as much as anything to have any shot to maintain AQ status, and Boise would give an instant shot in the arm in that dept. this would only work, however, if we add the Air Force/SMU/Houston package.

i honestly believe a Big East + all service academies, SMU, Houston and Temple to get to 12 (+ Shitt and Scuse) could maintain AQ status. add Boise and our chances would increase ten-fold.

By adding Air Force, some Texas schools, and Boise, the Big East would be able to create a western division. I am for it!

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

West Division East Division

SMU Temple

Houston WVa

LVille UConn

Cincinnati Rutgers

Tulane USF

AFA Navy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660

West Division East Division

SMU Temple

Houston WVa

LVille UConn

Cincinnati Rutgers

Tulane USF

AFA Navy

I would replace Tulane with Boise and that looks good.  We badly need Boise's rankings and somewhat of a national tv following (at least they bring more to ESPN/tv negotiations than Tulane).

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Boise makes so much sense right now because of their rankings and because getting them would rob the MWC of any chance they'd have at getting AQ status. 

Of course, just getting teams will not solve everything long term.  The conference has to do whatever it can to promote the image of Big East football and set things up so we can be successful in non-conference play. 

Any team that gets invited will have access to better recruits due to the AQ status, so I think we can expect an improvement in quality long term (outside of the service academies due to their nature, but I think that Air Force and Navy can remain competitive while drawing a national audience).

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The service academies are great, but they aren't keeping the AQ around. I think yesterday showed their relative strength.

Archived