• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prediction Contest......Starting QB vs. Penn State

Guest Old Hoss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Denson, no doubt. Julmiste has had plenty of chances to prove himself and failed miserably. It's time we take our lumps with a newbie at the position, in front of 109K or not. Time to test the potential we have loaded at QB.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Actually 107,282 Fans to be exact

The History of Beaver Stadium

The seventh expansion of Beaver Stadium, which boosted capacity to 107,282 seats, was unveiled against Miami on September 1, 2001. The stadium's capacity is the nation's second-largest, topped only by Michigan Stadium (107,501).

Work began on the $93 million project in November 1999 immediately following the last home game. On August 23, 2001 the stadium was turned over to the University after passing the Department of Labor and Industry inspection.

The expansion and renovation project has added a second deck in the South end zone as well as an East side pavilion with 60 enclosed suites. A club level seating section (4,000 seats) and stadium club, the Mount Nittany Lounge, are included in the South stands.

The project dramatically improved the stadium's infrastructure, with approximately $40 million spent on improving the existing structure. Among the features are new restrooms (72) and concession stands; a new upper concourse around the stadium at the 60th row; expanded lower concourses for easier traffic flow into and out of the seating area; upgraded spaces for the team, game officials, media, cheerleaders and other game-day activities; an upgraded game day ticket office; televisions throughout the concourse; two video replayscoreboards and improvements to meet ADA standards and a new facade.

The stadium also features the first escalators in Centre County and a one ton copper plate weathervane likeness of the Nittany Lion. The weathervane is 10 feet in length, three feet in width and nine feet in height and is located 110 feet above the southwest corner of the stadium.

More than 1,600 personnel, including more than 1,200 skilled workers, worked more than 780,000 man hours on the stadium project.

On game days, more than 107,000 spectators are able to watch the Lions, with the throng comprising the third-largest municipality in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Actually 107,282 Fans to be exact

Well ... to be exact, we'll have to wait until Sept. 4th  8)

I'm not totally counting out PJ, a lot can happen and nobody can argue that he's a fine athlete with 2 years in the system.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

The History of Beaver Stadium

So where does the Beaver come from ?

Be Nice Boys

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Well, like I mentioned a few months ago.  I and a friend were speaking with Leavitt and he said Denson was for real.

I think Hill & Grothe both have the ability to win the job but, Denson already has a year with our system.  Lets also not forget, Denson himself was also a 4 star QB coming out of HS.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I think we'll try the Tennessee approach with a twist....Denson, Hill and Julmiste.  Grothe will shift to another position...quite athletic.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

So where does the Beaver come from ?

Be Nice Boys

Happy Valley.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Nothing better then playing your first game in the "Beaver".

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with jedi - t - whatever that Julmiste is not the answer for happy valley.  I fear things would break down quickly.  Denson will be the starter with Grothe ready to take over.  Watching the video of Hill showed me he can play any position he wants - we won't need him at QB if Denson and Grothe can get the job done.