• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching changes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

No changes need to be made right now for the coaching staff. Lets see what they can do next season with more options at QB.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

Hobbie.........OFF with his head!   But seriously, he needs to go.  I used to be unhappy (sometimes) with Canales and look what we got.  I don't see how we could be much worse off without Hobbie.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

What if PJ isn't really that good... did anyone ever think about that? PJ throws the 100 mph 3-yard passes the last I looked.

But what if he really wasnt that bad before Hobbie and Smith got thier hands on him?  They had 2 years after MB and 2 differant QB's and couldnt get the job done with either one of them.  And the only reason the Offense looked at all good last season was because of the talent of Andre Hall.  They had thier chance and did not prove anything to me as coaches for running an offense or developing talent, and now you are going to trust them with the future of the program, and the best recruits ever commit to the Football team?  If CJL was an offensive minded coach and had a big hand in thier developement I would feel a little more comfortable giving them a chance, but we all know he is a defensive guy and trusts his offensive coaches to deal with the offense and does not step in.  

I just think you guys are pretty brave to trust the future of the program (Hill ad Grothe) to coaches who have shown us nothing.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Hobbie was a frigin HS coach before usf.  Zero college experience.  Find a guy with college experience.  I am sure there are some ex UF coaches looking for a job, or a QB coach somewhere that has done well and would take a promotion to OC.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I don't expect any changes with personel, but I hope the offense is into more play with Franks.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest S.  Bien

This ridiculous asinine crap again?

Hobbie did the best coaching of his career this year.  When it was obvious PJ couldn't deliver the ball consistently the transformation of our playbook was amazing.  So amazing, that against Pittsburgh we were running end arounds, and trapping plays- stuff we never use to do.  Hobbie adapted to PJ's inabilities as a thrower, and at the beginning of the season when PJ was injured as a thrower and passer.  

If you can't see this then you don't, no you shouldn't have the right to criticize.  This is getting ridiculous, and I will not defend Smith with any fervor, as many know why, but Hobbie did an excellent job, and Andre Hall looked good because of Hobbie not the other way around folks.  If PJ could have delivered the ball this team would have been much better.  

By the way, the defense had five games that they surrendered 40 or more pts.  How about some culpability on that side.  Did you know our offense this year was the second most productive in USF's history from a total yards stand point (that's right), and the thing that held us back was poor defense, and poor QB play.  Hobbie had little or nothing to do with either.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

yeah those end around plays were really succesful, I think we had a whole drive that was soley end arounds.... really creative

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Hobbie was able to design plays to get receivers open - they either dropped the ball or PJ overthrew them.  The success of Hall shows what he can do with some talent.  We need Dawsey to get with these receivers NOW and we need a new QB coach.  Hill is already raw, we don't need his career to be ruined by Smith's tinkering.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The failures of the offense from a scoring standpoint are a combination of poor play calling and execution from the players. Look to see how the offense played aqainst top quality competition-not well.  Hopefully with the new batch of recruits USF can assemble a potent offense and have play calling to match it.