• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you're Holtz, when do you start game planning Pitt

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't focus on Pitt too much until the 25th.  They built this team with the Big East in mind and IMO the final touches aren't about X's and O's.  More than anything we need to challenge our  OL and stay healthy.  Against FAMU we may open it up a bit to get a final feel for what we can execute offensively before really stressing execution going into the UTEP game and Big East play.   Holtz and Snyder have experience against TG at Tulsa as well as Houston's wide open offense.  We are likely going to do the same thing we've done against ND and Cinci.  Make a passing offense stretch 14 or 15 offensive plays together without a mistake and then convert on the short field. Offensively, I'll just say Pitt's defense ain't looking too tough.

We also don't need to worry too much about Pitt having more time to gameplan than us.  They are getting pissed off Iowa and ND teams between now and then. 

I agree with you and everyone else that says after the UTEP game.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Coaching staff prepares mini game plans in the off-season for each team on the schedule that are updated during the season.  As mentioned previously, the team has been exposed to certain elements of Pitt's Offense in the off-season.  Moreover, the coaching staff will review Pitt's games of this season to update the game plan developed in the off-season and implement elements of the game plan over the course of the next two weeks since the Pitt game is a short week.

• Content Count:  4,738

probably already implenting gameplan in practice, even if players dont know it

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I hope not, that would mean they're watching film and having meetings about it.  They should be focusing on FAMU.

• Content Count:  4,738

FAMU sucks.  they better not waste a minute on this game

• Content Count:  4,501

Pitt needs to get a pulse first before you worry about them.  ND will crush them if they continue to play like they have been.  Oh  game plan for Pitt after the Utah game. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I hope not, that would mean they're watching film and having meetings about it.  They should be focusing on FAMU.

1st team D has been working against a hurry up no huddle since camp to acclimate them to Pitt, WVU and whoever else in the league that runs a hurry up 75% of the time. Trust they are watching film on UTEP and Pitt right now.

I love alma mater #1 FAM, but no need to "gameplan" for them. Just know what you want to work on and just destroy them.

• Content Count:  4,501

Pitt needs to get a pulse first before you worry about them.  ND will crush them if they continue to play like they have been.  Oh  game plan for Pitt after the Utah game. 

errrr  UTEP  not Utah.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1st team D has been working against a hurry up no huddle since camp to acclimate them to Pitt, WVU and whoever else in the league that runs a hurry up 75% of the time. Trust they are watching film on UTEP and Pitt right now.

I love alma mater #1 FAM, but no need to "gameplan" for them. Just know what you want to work on and just destroy them.

You gameplan for every team.  You may practice against the tendencies of your conference in camp but come game week, you focus on the team you're playing.

Archived