• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much impact will ND win have on recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I can't read the actual comments, but I think the win will sway a few guys who were sitting on the fence and solidify some who have already given us a verbal.

Some tweets by Josh:

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

RT @bulls247: Offensive Tackle Duaron Williams talks about #USF win http://ow.ly/6kSae Bulls247 has several recruits on the record about...

2 hours ago »

QB Tyler Cameron talks to Bulls247. Cameron gives his thoughts on the #USF win http://ow.ly/6kRSD

2 hours ago »

@bulls247: DE Sheldon Rankins "I saw that one coming!" http://ow.ly/6kRAv He talks with Bulls247 about #USF's win at Notre Dame.

2 hours ago » joshnewberg247

Josh Newberg

RT @bulls247: LB Keith Brown "I have a USF hat on right now" http://ow.ly/6kRl1 #UM commit talks to Bulls247 about the #USF win over #ND.

3 hours ago

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

We have to show our recruits all of the players meeting Skip and giving him a hug in the end-zone.  That is the type of coach players want and will work hard for.

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Evan Goodman, top rated OL (Lakeland) and Arizona State verbal, was at the game to check out the Irish. Couldn't hurt our chances.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Great to hear that so many prospects liked us before and how they want to get in for visits now.

Recruits Sound Off

Josh Newberg

A win over a ranked and storied program like Notre Dame will have a lasting effect for South Florida. It will also have an immediate impact – in recruiting.

OL Duaron Williams was all smiles after USF upset Notre Dame Saturday night.

Several of the Bulls top targets sounded off last night to Bulls247 and there was varying reactions. Some were shocked, excited, and several recruits even said they expected USF to win. Even though the Bulls are low on scholarships this year, a win like this is important to finishing out the class strong and holding on to the recruits USF already has on board.

USF does it on the big stage

Moments after the game many of the recruits that USF is after were more than willing to share their opinions of the Bulls 23-20 win at Notre Dame

Offensive lineman Duaron Willams put the win in perspective from a national point of view, “It’s huge. USF is showing the world that they can lineup against anyone and compete at the highest level.â€

Williams makes a good point. The game was nationally televised on NBC and it was touted all week by ESPN as one of the better games to watch in the opening weekend. We’ll have a full update with Duaron Williams later today, he had much more to say.

JUCO defensive tackle Tysheem Smith, who has been in contact with USF all summer is from New Jersey and doesn’t get to see the Bulls much unless they’re on national TV.

“South Florida just proved that they arrived as a football program. They beat a ranked team that also is a legendary program. That’s a great way to start the season.â€

Recruits impressed with USF’s play

WR Nelson Agholor says he was cheering for the Bulls.

One of the top prospects in country, Nelson Agholor says he watched the game and was rooting for the hometown Bulls, “I wasn’t surprised, it’s football. Great victory for USF, they really looked good.â€

While the Bulls didn’t play great, they made big plays when it mattered and capitalized on every Notre Dame mistake. One of the Bulls top prospects Keith Brown says he liked what he saw.

“I was verrry impressed,†Brown told Bulls247 via text. “They came out strong, they were hitting, they were aggressive. Had some mistakes of course, but overall they looked impressive.â€

Brown, a Miami commit, had much more to say as well. In our full story with him, he talked about how this changes his perception of USF and his plans to call coach Larry Scott this week.

LB Keith Brown Full Story

Savannah (GA) defensive end DeAngelo Brown liked says the Bulls played hard from beginning to end, “It was a hard-fought game. They looked real good. Hopefully I can get down there soon for a visit.â€

Pensacola Catholic defensive lineman Luke Adams thinks this win could set the tone for the rest of the season, “I’m really impressed with the way they played. It’s a great start for USF. They have a chance to do something special this season.â€

6-foot-3, 260-pound defensive end Sheldon Rankins from Georgia says it was the intensity the Bulls showed on defense that struck him the most.

Can the Bulls sway LB Keith Brown from UM to USF? The win over Notre Dame was a good start.

“They showed me a lot today! Offensively they play ball control, steady football. Defensively I love how they got after it!â€

Rankins went in depth with Bulls247 after the game in this update:

DL Sheldon Rankins Update

QB of the future, Tyler Cameron gives credit to the coaches for having the team prepared, “"It's a huge win for USF and it shows what a great job the coaches and players are doing there,†adding. “BJ Managed the game well and made all the right plays."

A change in perception?

A win like this proves there is big time college football being played in Tampa. However, many of the recruits we spoke with, say they were not surprised that USF went to South Bend and came away with a win.

DE Sheldon Rankins, “I saw this one coming.â€

2013 DE Malik Brown says he doesn’t view the USF program any differently now, “It doesn’t change because I’ve always thought highly of South Florida.â€

Same with Duaron Williams, “I’ve always been high on USF. This was just a good one to watch.â€

This week we expect more prospects to be contacting the USF staff, and even a few new names pop up on the board. Already Keith Brown and Sheldon Rankins told us they are going to talk to the Bulls coaches about a possible visit. We’ll have much more throughout the week on this evolving story.

http://bulls247.com/Article/Recruits-Sound-Off-38361

Now that is what I am talking about.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We have to keep winning.

Some comments on FB

Lamarlin Wiggins

U.S.F. ;)

Saturday at 5:26pm via mobile

"Man i can't wait" on Usf Offense's link.

RAY WHATS GOOD BRO I KNOW YOU SEE ARE USF BULLS BABY WE UPSETTING TODAY

Saturday at 4:32pm ·

Rayshawn Jenkins likes this..

Rayshawn Jenkins haha yea i heard....i aint get to see it tho cuz i was at my lil bros game

Yesterday at 12:20am

USF rolled today!!!!

Saturday at 9:35pm

Tyler Cameron no doubt

Yesterday at 10:18am 

Free story.

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/War-Room-98-4133179/1

War Room 9/8

Josh Newberg

42 minutes ago

It’s been a crazy week for USF and it’s fans. Beating Notre Dame on the road is a heck of a way to get the season started and the best way to carry over the recruiting momentum the Bulls had in the spring/summer.

Keith Brown could be visiting USF within the next 3 weeks.On Bulls247 you’ve gotten reaction from nearly every significant recruit on USF’s board including, Nelson Agholor, D’Vario Montgomery, Sheldon Rankins, Keith Brown and several more. We are turning the page on USF’s win and looking forward to what could come out it. There are several things the Bulls staff can do to ride the momentum of a big early season win.

Early Official Visits

Historically the Bulls have had success with hosting their official visit weekends in January. Having them coincide with the Bulls annually football banquet, which honors the members of the team, has worked well in the past. Things change. The Bulls have been doing that for 6 or 7 years now, but as we all know, nothing in recruiting stays the same for a long period of time.

Expect some big name visitors to take official visits to USF during the season.

This January, the Bulls will still host visitors during the banquet, but it will be mostly commits with maybe one or two big name uncommitted prospects. For example, a bunch of commits all in for their visit with Nelson Agholor being the only uncommitted recruit amongst them.

** Bulls247 is hearing that Sheldon Rankins is already in talks about a visit date and it could end up being next week. Once it’s set we will let you guys know.

** We’ve learned that LB Keith Brown (Miami, FL) and DeAngelo Brown (Savannah, GA) are friends. They grew up together and have been talking about taking an official visit to USF the same weekend. Nothing is set, but Bulls247 is hearing that it could be as soon as the UTEP game in 2 weeks.

** Miami Braddock OT Robert Conyers will also be looking to schedule a visit in the near future. Right now we’re hearing it will be for the UTEP game.

USF will be watching Tyriq McCord on Friday night.** We’re not ready to drop the name just yet, but there is a slim chance that a big time JUCO prospect will visit this weekend.

It’s his team’s only bye week and unless USF gets him in for a Thursday night game, this could be their only chance to get him on campus. We’ll know within the next few hours and have an update this afternoon/evening.

This is a big change from what USF used to do, but it shows the staff is trying to capitalize on the early season win. It also has to do with the ever-changing recruiting climate, kids making decisions earlier and USF does not have a full allotment of scholarships for 2012. Space is limited and the staff is trying to fill it with some of the top names left on their board.

Hitting The Recruiting Trail

The South Florida coaching staff will get back out on the road this Friday to do some more evaluating and recruiting. They’ll stay relatively local because they still have a game to play on Saturday.

Some of the names USF will be looking at:

** In Tampa there will be USF coaches at the games of Tyriq McCord (Jefferson), 2013 CB Vernon Hargreaves III (Wharton), 2013 DE Jordan Sherit (Hillsborough), 2013 LB/RB Paris Bostic (Plant), Lamarlin Wiggins (Plant City)

** Down in Manatee, we are hearing that a coach will be by to see Braden River 2013 DE Trevon Young. I’m told he has potential to be a national recruit by next year. While in the area, USF will also be at the Manatee game to see 2013 DT Derrick Calloway, 2013 QB Cord Sandberg and 2014 DT DeMarcus Christmas.

The Bulls have offered Illinois DT Faith Ekakitie.** I can confirm that USF will also be at the Land O’ Lakes vs Pasco game to see 2013 WR/ATH Janarion Grant. I don’t think they are there to see TE Kent Taylor, that ship has sailed.

Couple New Offers Out

USF has offered one of the top running backs in the state for 2013, Adam Lane from Winter Haven. The 5-foot-9, 200-pound back is the brother of current Rutgers TE DC Jefferson. Tonight a USF coach will be at his game to see him in person. He could be the Bulls top target at RB for next year.

Bulls247 can confirm that USF has offered 2012 defensive tackle Faith Ekakitie from Lake Forest Academy in Illinois. He’s about 6’3, 280 and very raw, but has a lot of potential. We will have an update with him soon. He has several D1 offers already.

More Visitors

We’ve already listed several big time prospects that will visit this weekend on the Bulls247 message board, but we’ve learned of a few more.

** Running back Steven Braddy a 5’11, 200-pound back from down south at Ferguson high school.

** Lake Gibson DT Devonte Terrell will be at Ray Jay for the Ball State game.

** Daphne (Al) DT Eric Lee will make the trip. This visit is an unofficial.

** There is one huge name that we hear is coming, but before releasing the name, I’d like to confirm it. We’ll have that on the site shortly.

Seems like our stock is rising. 

Archived