• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 New Additions to the Football team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks Adam Adkins

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

No.; Name; Pos.; Ht.; Wt. Yr; Hometown (High School)

43; Robert Arnemann; TE; 6-2; 214; So.; Jacksonville, Fla. (Sandalwood HS)

62; David Bardetsky; LS; 6-1; 212; Fr.; Jacksonville, Fla. (Trinity Christian HS)

37; Spencer Cavalieri; FB; 6-2; 226; Fr.; Tampa, Fla. (Gaither HS)

77; Jake Kaufman; OL; 6-9; 362; RFr.; Jersey City, N.J. (St. Peters Prep)

39; Tyler Robb; DB; 5-9; 196; Fr.; Tampa, Fla. (Tampa Catholic HS)

98; Cody Sanfratello; DL; 6-0; 245; Fr.; Jensen Beach, Fla. (Jensen Beach HS)

25; Allen Singleton; DB; 6-0; 195; Jr.; Ocala, Fla. (Forest HS)

14; Baylin Trujillo; QB; 6-1; 225; So.; Orlando, Fla. (Oak Ridge HS)

84; William Whiteside; WR; 6-2; 183; Fr.; Tampa, Fla. (Chamberlain HS)

75; Mike York; OL; 6-3; 357; Fr.; Plant City, Fla. (Plant City HS)

OL- Jack Kaufman is huge

Do you think we have any players in this list that could turn into a star?

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah, I think I would have to agree with the the highlighted selection or otherwise known as the "freak of nature".  Are you kidding me?  6' 9" 362 lbs, has to be our next star center.

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Looks like Jake Kaufman committed to us in the 2010 class:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Kaufman-86585

• Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

I thought that name sounded familiar.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He sure did.

He had back surgery during the season.

His current medical condition was going to be evaluated by USF. I'm presuming we have now done that, since his name will be on the new roster.

I expect he will take a medical redshirt and if he again starts playing in the future he will likely be given a 6th year of eligibiility down the road.

This is a real pic of Jake's shoe. I thought Omo had big feet, but Jake might have him beat. LOL

260591_250378501645015_100000186023955_1158552_6595669_n.jpg

AUGUST 30, 2011

Bulls add new walk-ons, expand roster to 115

Given USF's history with having walk-on football players move into prominent roles -- there are five former walk-ons now on scholarship and on the two-deep with the Bulls this fall -- there's always a curiosity when the team expands its roster after the start of fall classes.

Teams can only carry 105 players until school starts, and after open tryouts last week, the Bulls on Tuesday announced 10 new players, including injured offensive lineman Jake Kaufman and nine new walk-ons. We mentioned on Twitter on Sunday that Plant City offensive lineman Mike York had joined the team, and USF brought back a spring walk-on in Ocala defensive back Allen Singleton. There are some interesting stories among the other seven new additions. ...

-- It's hard not to like Tyler Robb, a defensive back from Tampa Catholic, after you read this story by the Times' Joey Knight, talking about Robb's battle as an infant with leukemia and all he's overcome to become a college football player. He has a Youtube highlight video as well.

-- Most likely to get on the field out of this group? Hard to say from some cursory Googling, but the odds seem good for David Burdetsky, a long-snapper from Jacksonville who turned down a scholarship offer from Florida International to walk on with the Bulls, according to his coach at Trinity Catholic, Vernon Dorminey. Burdetsky, despite weighing 212 pounds, was a three-year starter on the offensive line -- his father, Dave, played defensive tackle at Central Florida in 1982 and is now Trinity's defensive line coach. He has a five-minute long-snapping Youtube video, and with snapper Mike Walsh being a senior, it's wide-open who would take over for the Bulls in 2012.

-- There is a QB in the group -- Baylin Trujillo from Orlando's Oak Ridge High, who already has message-boarders crowing about his Justin Beiber hair.

-- Best obscure small-school transfer? I'll go with former Gaither offensive lineman Spencer Cavalieri, who signed with Marist in 2008, playing one game for the Red Foxes. The 6-foot-2, 240-pound lineman has two years of eligibility remaining if I'm reading his clock correctly. He made the Times' second-team All-Suncoast in 2007, on the same squad as Armando Sanchez and erstwhile Bulls Dontae Aycock and Adaris Bellamy.

-- Another Tampa walk-on is Chamberlain receiver Will Whiteside, whose team won USF's intramural 4-on-4 championship this summer -- he's also one of 21 players honored by the Tampa chapter of the National Football Foundation as Scholar Athletes. His father William also played at Chamberlain, and one of his coaches with the Chiefs in 1970 was ... USF assistant Rich Rachel.

-- Others who joined the roster but didn't yield anything too noteworthy yet: Tight end Robert Arnemann of Jacksonville Sandalwood and defensive lineman Cody Sanfratello of Jensen Beach (here's his Youtube video).

.Posted by Greg Auman at 3:50:36 pm on August 30, 2011

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-add-new-walk-ons-expand-roster-115#comments..

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

He sure did.

He had back surgery during the season.

His current medical condition was going to be evaluated by USF. I'm presuming we have now done that, since his name will be on the new roster.

I expect he will take a medical redshirt and if he again starts playing in the future he will likely be given a 6th year of eligibiility down the road.

This is a real pic of Jake's shoe. I thought Omo had big feet, but Jake might have him beat. LOL

260591_250378501645015_100000186023955_1158552_6595669_n.jpg

Huge foot. I'm more interested in a clearer pic of the girl though.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good thing we have some tall QBs coming in, a 6' tall B.J. Daniels would have trouble throwing from the pocket with that obstruction in front of him. 

• Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

It might not be that Kaufman has seen progress in his back situation.  It could easily be that he wasn't ready to go to Vero so they took him off the roster so that another person could take his spot on the 105.

Here's hoping for the best.

It might not be that Kaufman has seen progress in his back situation.  It could easily be that he wasn't ready to go to Vero so they took him off the roster so that another person could take his spot on the 105.

Here's hoping for the best.

He was in Jersey when they went to Vero. I get the sense that he will take a mdeical redshirt this year. I was worried that USF docs might find he would never be able to play and use his scholarship for someone else

If anybody wants to play him in Madden let him know.  ;D

Jake Kaufman

anybody wanting to get there asses waxed in madden let me no!!!

5 hours ago

Archived