• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East chat, 4 p.m. today with Andrea Adelson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Her answers about USF not going to the ACC, even if FSU goes to the SEC and even if Miami gets the death penalty, tells me all I need to know about her thoughts concerning USF.

Brett (Jacksonville, Fl)

Hey AA, Great job on the blog, follow everyday. If Miami gets the death penalty like people are talking. What do you think the chances are the ACC comes calling and being proactive by grabbing South Florida to replace Miami that way they can keep 12 teams and a conference game? South Florida is becoming the new Miami without all the trouble. Then add West Virgina when Miami comes off 1 year ban.

Andrea Adelson  (4:03 PM)

How did I know this question would come up somewhere along the chat? First, I do not think Miami is going to get the death penalty. I truly believe the NCAA did not think it would decimate a program the way SMU was decimated with the death penalty, and I don't think they want to do that again. Times are different today and certainly they could by sending that message. I just don't think it happens. And if it does, I don't see USF in the mix.

Mac (Tampa)

Which event would have a bigger impact on a Big East school like USF: FSU going to SEC; or U. Miami getting thrown out of ACC?

Andrea Adelson  (4:53 PM)

Neither. I don't see USF in the ACC.

• Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Her answers about USF not going to the ACC, even if FSU goes to the SEC and even if Miami gets the death penalty, tells me all I need to know about her thoughts concerning USF.

Brett (Jacksonville, Fl)

Hey AA, Great job on the blog, follow everyday. If Miami gets the death penalty like people are talking. What do you think the chances are the ACC comes calling and being proactive by grabbing South Florida to replace Miami that way they can keep 12 teams and a conference game? South Florida is becoming the new Miami without all the trouble. Then add West Virgina when Miami comes off 1 year ban.

How did I know this question would come up somewhere along the chat? First, I do not think Miami is going to get the death penalty. I truly believe the NCAA did not think it would decimate a program the way SMU was decimated with the death penalty, and I don't think they want to do that again. Times are different today and certainly they could by sending that message. I just don't think it happens. And if it does, I don't see USF in the mix.

Mac (Tampa)

Which event would have a bigger impact on a Big East school like USF: FSU going to SEC; or U. Miami getting thrown out of ACC?

Not only that, but she didn't get the last question at all.

She could have explored recruiting effects. She could have put in something about what it mean for USF's strength of schedule.

Instead she just talked expansion and how she doesn't think USF is going to the ACC.

There are so many ways she could have answered that question-she failed, badly.

We're just going to have to face the fact that she isn't going to be favorable towards USF. She went to UF, arguably the state's top football school over the past five years. She lives in Orlando, and while we don't know her personally, she worked for the Sentinel. I want to believe in her-but the only time she's put my comments/questions in her mailbag have been when I put in something really relevant to the Big East as a whole. I asked her several constructive questions about how she thought USF was going to need to do to win the Big East. They weren't posted in the chat session.

She does not seem to care.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

she shows her teeth a lot when she talks

• Content Count:  10,565

Brett (Jacksonville, Fl)

Mac (Tampa)

I'm not sure which thread (or even if it was this board) it's in, but I posted that USF would not be at the top of the list if the ACC lost one team to conference expansion. Even if Miami got the death penalty (doubt they will) USF wouldn't be at the top of the list.

I don't like Adelson much, but I do agree with her here.

• Content Count:  579

Brett (Jacksonville, Fl)

Mac (Tampa)

I'm not sure which thread (or even if it was this board) it's in, but I posted that USF would not be at the top of the list if the ACC lost one team to conference expansion. Even if Miami got the death penalty (doubt they will) USF wouldn't be at the top of the list.

I don't like Adelson much, but I do agree with her here.

Which is fine you agree with her but she doesn't say 'Why?' or even attempt to answer the second question.  All she talked about is why Miami won't get the death penalty and an elitist sounding comment about the ACC.  Not only is the Big East a stepping stone for coaches it appears to be a stepping stone for journalists as well.

• Content Count:  10,565

She answered the 2nd question with the word "neither". Granted, her follow up was off base.

The only way we have a shot at the ACC is if multiple teams from that league leave. One team leaving, even if it is from the State of Florida, doesn't help us. There are other programs above us in the pecking order if the ACC loses one program.

• Content Count:  4,501

We need to inundate her with questions.  Only way USF gets more media attention.  She has said it more then once that alot of comments are about WV but that is because they post more questions.    GO BULLS

Archived