• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Translation for the non-tech savvy?

It's a QR, or Quick Response, code. You can scan them with your smartphone or some other devices to get access to information or execute a command (like play a video, go to a website, etc). It's a type of barcode, but has more storage capacity that the ones your normally see in the grocery store.

I know what it is, I don't have the ability to scan it. I want to know what it brings up.

Nothing. It's a stock photo.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it will get to 150 easy. Signing day will be huge!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

ESPN treats AW like we do, even when he's not news, he's news. He's a headline on the recruiting page for not playing in the Army Bowl.

Edited by JTrue

Now that I think about it, thats not good news for us. If ESPN.com thinks AW is worthy of giving some space to, there's no way he's coming to a Big East school or still rated as high as he is.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Now that I think about it, thats not good news for us. If ESPN.com thinks AW is worthy of giving some space to, there's no way he's coming to a Big East school or still rated as high as he is.

He's ESPN's #1 DTQB so he is going to get a lot of coverage.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

ESPN treats AW like we do, even when he's not news, he's news. He's a headline on the recruiting page for not playing in the Army Bowl.

They must have missed his Tweet earlier on his not playing because he doesn't want to risk injuring his leg.

Well, he would have if his high school coaches weren't UCF guys who sabotaged his season just because he committed to USF.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Great article talking to AW and Seldom Seen.

U.S. Army All-American Bowl: USF not off the table for QB Asiantii Woulard

Fri. January 4, 2013 | Joel Anderson

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2FWoulard_2_jpg.JPG

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Michael Woulard could see the future for his son in the final moments of the Sugar Bowl, when Louisville coach Charlie Strong and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater shared a triumphant embrace.

“I was thinking, ‘That could be him and (USF coach Willie) Taggart right there,â€â€‰â€™ he said.

That would be a dream scenario for Taggart and the Bulls, who are doggedly trying to convince his 6-foot-4, 17-year-old, four-star recruit son, Asiantii, to reconsider his earlier commitment to the program.

But Michael envisions the eldest of his four boys thriving at a lot of places, for a lot of schools, under a lot of coaches, whether a few dozen miles away in Tampa or somewhere in North Carolina, Kentucky or Arkansas.

So does Asiantii, who came to San Antonio this week to take part in festivities for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl despite his ongoing recovery from a broken left fibula. Asiantii has said he will hold off on making a decision Saturday, unlike many other recruits here who plan to follow the tradition of announcing their commitments during the game.

“Decided not to rush it & push it back a little to make sure I’m making the right decision,†he said via Twitter recently.

A week later — and still not quite back to full strength — he remains as elusive about his plans as he was on the field.

“I’m kind of trying to wait and see,†he said Friday, moments before the final practice of the week. “There’s a lot to consider.â€

Asiantii, reigning MVP of the prestigious Elite 11 quarterback camp in California, was once the centerpiece of Skip Holtz’s recruiting class at USF. But when Holtz was fired last month, Asiantii withdrew his pledge.

He said Taggart and USF are still in the running though. He has an official visit scheduled for Kentucky next weekend and is considering North Carolina State, Arkansas and Tennessee, among others.

Former USF quarterback Matt Grothe recently summed up the feelings of hundreds of local college football fans in response to Asiantii’s tweet about his plans for 2013: “The real question though is …where will your college game be played at?â€

Coy as ever, Asiantii didn’t respond.

Landing the Winter Park product would be a coup for Taggart, who lured many Florida prospects to Western Kentucky and landed the job at USF in no small part because of his recruiting abilities.

According to several recruiting services, Taggart has secured 16 commitments in his first recruiting class at USF. The tally: 11 are from Florida, seven are Tampa products, one is a quarterback and none are considered an elite four-star recruit.

“It would be meaningful to get (Asiantii) on board to show it’s cool to go to USF,†247 recruiting analyst Josh Newberg said. “I don’t think he’s the only guy who can be successful under Willie Taggart’s system. But from rankings, hype and an excitement standpoint for the fans, he’s an important piece for 2013.â€

Asiantii said he was unconcerned that Taggart had already secured a commitment from Fort Lauderdale University quarterback Mike White, a two-star prospect and leader of the Class 3A state champion.

“I would just go there and compete,†he said. “Competition only brings the best out of a person.â€

He carried a similar attitude to Redondo Beach, Calif., in July, when he entered the Elite 11 camp without much of a resume or reputation outside of the Orlando area.

Asiantii emerged as the star among a group of more highly-touted prospects and eventually caught the eye of head instructor and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Trent Dilfer.

“He was the last guy (invited to the camp),†Dilfer told reporters at the time. “When we invited him, he was what we called a high-ceiling prospect. …I never thought he could do what he did. I’m blown away by him.â€

His father wasn’t surprised.

Michael, a former high school quarterback from a family of quarterbacks in the New Smyrna Beach area, has been drilling his son on the finer points of the position for years. He later convinced his son to concentrate his efforts on football instead of basketball, where being 6-4 is rather unexceptional.

After spending his first two years playing receiver at Orlando Freedom High, Asiantii and his father moved into the Winter Park school district and decided his future would be throwing balls and not catching them.

“I knew where his abilities were,†Michael said.

Recruiting analysts and college coaches soon discovered them, too.

Since then, Asiantii and his father have deliberated — sometimes publicly — about where he might spend his fall Saturdays the next few years.

Asiantii has expressed an interest in N.C. State via Twitter. His father told another media outlet that he might commit to Kentucky during his official visit. Asiantii has also been connected to Maryland, Mississippi and Rutgers.

But USF had been the favorite for almost a year, with Asiantii first offering his commitment to Holtz in February.

Taggart has resumed the program’s courtship of Asiantii, meeting with him several times in the past month.

“We speak a lot,†Asiantii said. “He’s a really good guy and I like being around him.â€

Michael, who said his only preference is for a school that nurtures his son both academically and athletically, did permit himself one more vision of the future: making the 90-minute drive along Interstate 4 to all of his son’s home games with their large family in tow.

“I could be at every home game and some of the away games — the close ones,†he said.

For USF, the dream isn’t quite over.

U.S. Army All-American Bowl

When: 1 p.m. today

Where: Alamodome, San Antonio

TV: Ch. 8

http://www.tampabay....-woulard/16168/

Edited by Bullwinkle