• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I think it is time some of you took a deep breath and a step back for a few days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Admittedly, i haven't seen a whole lot of the Tweets involved with AW, but of the ones I have seen, the maturity problems there aren't with AW.

You guys seem to forget that in the past couple of years social media has evolved and come to the forefront. Its not like he is going to the paper and reporting every thought. He is TWEETING IT! Tweeting is a like, "What am I doing/thinking at this moment". Its so new, people don't know how to take it. Kids, obviously, have a better handle on social media than the majority of adults. Go on Twitter and you find people just as conflicting in what they Tweet that AW has done in the past. The vast majority of AW's Tweets, that I have read, are either thinking out loud or to one of his school mates. He is not making major announcements or blurting out crap. He sometimes responds to messages from strangers. But to take Tweets as media announcements means you don't get social media.

Nice take on that ... and let's not forget that our new coach is a Twitter veteran, too ...

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

You guys seem to forget that in the past couple of years social media has evolved and come to the forefront. Its not like he is going to the paper and reporting every thought. He is TWEETING IT! Tweeting is a like, "What am I doing/thinking at this moment". Its so new, people don't know how to take it. Kids, obviously, have a better handle on social media than the majority of adults. Go on Twitter and you find people just as conflicting in what they Tweet that AW has done in the past. The vast majority of AW's Tweets, that I have read, are either thinking out loud or to one of his school mates. He is not making major announcements or blurting out crap. He sometimes responds to messages from strangers. But to take Tweets as media announcements means you don't get social media.

Slick, technology changing has nothing to do with it. It's how you use it. Tweeting is a form of communication like you are having a conversation with someone. Mature folks "filter themselves" before deciding whether that action either positively or negatively impacts them. If they tweet without any regard to this consideration it shows a lack of maturity.

Just be aware, if there is no "filter" now, chances are you won't be able to add one later as your personality is pretty well established by 17.

I haven't met AW so I can't say whether he is one way or the other, but look at the most successful QBs you can think of...how did/would they be handling this situation?

What traits are usually indicative of someone who will be a successful QB? Are they the "look at me" types or the ones who keep things close to their vests or who don't play games with the process? They have enough of a sense of "who they are" and "what they want" that it doesn't have to be a circus.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Slick, technology changing has nothing to do with it. It's how you use it. Tweeting is a form of communication like you are having a conversation with someone. Mature folks "filter themselves" before deciding whether that action either positively or negatively impacts them. If they tweet without any regard to this consideration it shows a lack of maturity.

Just be aware, if there is no "filter" now, chances are you won't be able to add one later as your personality is pretty well established by 17.

I haven't met AW so I can't say whether he is one way or the other, but look at the most successful QBs you can think of...how did/would they be handling this situation?

What traits are usually indicative of someone who will be a successful QB? Are they the "look at me" types or the ones who keep things close to their vests or who don't play games with the process? They have enough of a sense of "who they are" and "what they want" that it doesn't have to be a circus.

This isn't "Look at me". The issue here is "Look at him". He isn't communicating at anyone. He didn't invite people to follow him. Where is he posting for people to follow his Twitter account? You have to actually go out and find it.

And using social comments to gauge success on the field is laughable. You guys act like girls in high school wanting to know if the QB is going to ask you to prom, hanging on every word.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Admittedly, i haven't seen a whole lot of the Tweets involved with AW, but of the ones I have seen, the maturity problems there aren't with AW.

Exactly. Tweeting is thinking out loud, it isn't a news conference.

I hang on every word this guy Tweets,

Faux John Madden â€@FauxJohnMadden

Those punters are dirty tacklers.

Faux John Madden â€@FauxJohnMadden

REPORT: Geno Smith and Matt Barkley frantically researching ways to tear their ACL after Chiefs clinch #1 pick.

Edited by slick1ru2

So what are all the Tweets of AW that have given you such a low opinion of him?

I think the issue isn't his Tweets as much as an affront to decommitting to USF. The verbals that didn't decommit, you can't look at them as shining examples of loyalty to USF because they don't have other offers. This is the most unstable time in the Big East's history. And he has to make a huge decision. I'd step back after the school I wanted to go to a) had a disaster season B) was in a conference that is imploding and c) fired the coach I wanted to play for. This kid has talent. He has options. He now is looking more into his options. He has clearly stated that he wants to play somewhere where he starts immediately and has a chance at doing big things. I have not read him bad mouthing anyone or any school. I have not seen him bragging about his justified bragging rights. What I have seen is people who feel left at the alter finding whatever way they can to strike back at him. He is announcing his visits? So? He is saying he is enjoying talking to that coach or this one? So? He has retweeted some positive posts about him. So? Where are all the posts about him boasting about how great he is and saying, "look at me"? Where are all the immature posts? If anything, his replies to fans messaging him about playing at their school have been short posts that weren't bragging and were stating facts. If the SEC came calling for your son, and he Tweeted that, is that being a Prima Donna? Hell, I'd be burning up Twitter. This kid isn't like that at all. He is vetting out a big decision and I wish him the best of luck.