• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

AW has SEVERAL offers! Including an SEC offer and several other BCS offers. It's not just USF v. NCST! Trust me! Schools have a little over a week to phone him up and offer. Not saying he will get them, but don't be shocked if schools like Tennessee, TCU, and Arkansas slip an offer in right before he makes this decision on Jan 5th. And even then they could still offer and hope he flips. Everybody saying DiNovo > Woulard may very well be on meth.

And those wondering why he doesn't have hundreds of SEC offers... it's because he has only been playing QB for two years!! So for this kid to get the accolades he has gotten in just two years time, makes his ceiling quite high. But SEC and other top programs don't have to take this small risk because they can get a much safer commit at QB.

We kinda did the same thing, snagging White before another school got a steal, which I think White is. He's a solid insurance policy but I wouldn't put the ball in his hands in 2013. AW I would.

I said legit offers.... as in ones where the school would actually accept his commitment. That's 2 schools... USF and NCST.... Ole Miss has an offer and they'd probably accept a commitment but it's 50/50 right now.

Tennessee has moved in another direction and AW doesn't exactly fit in the offensive schemes at ARK and TCU. He wants to play... that's 2 options... USF and NCST.

Outside of the made for TV skills contest where the MVP award is completely arbitrary what accolades has he accomplished?

For someone you want so badly I can't understand why you want to hamper his growth by starting him from day one in 2013. No one.... not a single person outside of his father that has actually seen him play says that he'll be ready to compete next fall as a QB. If he comes here... and if you want him to succeed as a high level player here, you need to understand that he needs to sit for at least a season to develop and understand the game.

AW is a great athlete... right now he's an ok QB... but outside of the Elite 11 contest he hasn't accomplished much of anything.... try to keep a bit of perspective.

This is from the Dinovo thread but I will bring it over here since it pertains to AW. Woulard will not come here to sit a season. If he does come here (and that "if" is becoming bigger by the day), he will be the favorite in fall camp. I would say it would be between him and Eveld with White at #3. Floyd will prolly transfer after camp or after the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

That's AW's choice.... if the kid wants to succeed he needs to sit a year... if he wants to end up being a nobody they by all means... throw him to the wolves.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

That's AW's choice.... if the kid wants to succeed he needs to sit a year... if he wants to end up being a nobody they by all means... throw him to the wolves.

In this offense, you don't need to be a superstar QB right away. This is the offense that will protect him during his development and once he gets it, then the options will be infinite!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not saying he needs to sit to be a superstar... I'm saying he needs to sit to learn the position.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the kid has accomplished outside of winning the a made for TV event... on ESPN of all things... and I'm still waiting for word from anyone with a shred of recruiting and evaluating knowledge to say this kid should start from day one.

Neither of those things have happened.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

AW won't start day 1, unless Eveld and Floyd both get hit by buses.

You mean the Floyd that fumbled half the snaps he took this year? Evald will be number one on the depth chart to start the spring but I can easily see Mike White or AW passing everyone. Freshman qb's can be alright

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

There was a 3 star WR this season. And the year before, Dvario Montgomery. Matter of fact, last year the team was preseason top 25 in the state in one poll I saw.

Um, no. I saw WP this season. The team wasn't good at all, except at QB.

Well don't tell Kentucky.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/129778/blake-mcclain

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

AW would start from day 1. Its obvious. Taggart has seen our qb's. He knows what we have no is useless. If he comes its because he was garunteed he will start. Taggart needs to develop his own qb in this new system. He does not need a backup trying to be the starter who will only be replaced midway throught he season. Give the kid the ball and let him grow like bridgewater. Who many thought was not going to be a great QB. If you think you have to sit to get better your wrong. Its a situational thing. The only reason for him to sit is if we had someone who was NIGHT AND DAY a better qb than him to learn from. You think were any better off with flloyd and eveld playing over this kid? Your insane.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

AW would start from day 1. Its obvious. Taggart has seen our qb's. He knows what we have no is useless. If he comes its because he was garunteed he will start. Taggart needs to develop his own qb in this new system. He does not need a backup trying to be the starter who will only be replaced midway throught he season. Give the kid the ball and let him grow like bridgewater. Who many thought was not going to be a great QB. If you think you have to sit to get better your wrong. Its a situational thing. The only reason for him to sit is if we had someone who was NIGHT AND DAY a better qb than him to learn from. You think were any better off with flloyd and eveld playing over this kid? Your insane.

Too bad we hired Willie instead of you. You've got it all figured out, huh?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

Well do you think we should start one of our backups? Who got ample playing time and showed they are horrible....

or if we know we are going to struggle let it be with a qb learning the system he will play in for 4 years.

Feel free to express yourself its a message board.