• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Here's some irony for ya...written by Rivals of all groups....

http://sportsillustr...acks/index.html

A ranking of the QBs in the Elite 11 heading into the final day. They rank Asiantii Woulard #1, ahead of Shane Morris, Max Browne and Christian Hackenberg.

This would be the same Rivals that has yet to give Asiantii a fourth star. ;-)

They can keep their little star, Twinkle, Aug 7 he'll shine like the Sun

I've never been one to put too much on all the star rankings given to recruits. USF has won against teams with players that have supposedly had better players (high star rankings). No one can truly project how a player will turn out, some might play against lesser competition in high school or even not have the mental toughness to be away from home and manage school and football. I do know one thing, everyone that has seen Asiantii in person have all raved about his big time arm and his high ceiling. I could care less if he is a 1 star recruit, he wants to play for my alma mater, USF, and I couldn't be more excited that he wants to come to Tampa and do big things for our school! I don't have any kids myself, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I heard that Asiantii won the Elite 11 MVP, I coud only imagine the excitement at the Woulard household. From your new USF family to the whole Woulard family, CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see him in the GREEN AND GOLD!!!!!!

I know as a Dad this is one of those times that you get that little tear in the corner of your eye when you see your kid excell at something that you taught them. Play hard every play and the awards will come. Welcome to USF.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Here's a nice quote:

"I think there was a hair separation and it came down to this: greatness is making the highly difficult look very easy and that's what Asantii did."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've never been one to put too much on all the star rankings given to recruits. USF has won against teams with players that have supposedly had better players (high star rankings). No one can truly project how a player will turn out, some might play against lesser competition in high school or even not have the mental toughness to be away from home and manage school and football. I do know one thing, everyone that has seen Asiantii in person have all raved about his big time arm and his high ceiling. I could care less if he is a 1 star recruit, he wants to play for my alma mater, USF, and I couldn't be more excited that he wants to come to Tampa and do big things for our school! I don't have any kids myself, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I heard that Asiantii won the Elite 11 MVP, I coud only imagine the excitement at the Woulard household. From your new USF family to the whole Woulard family, CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see him in the GREEN AND GOLD!!!!!!

It is and isn't important. The star ratings for any one individual player don't mean a whole lot. There are a lot of players out there and the rating services have more kids than they can truly invesigate and rate properly. So it usually ends up that many players get rated based on which popular schools are intereted in them, which skews the star ratings.

But star ratings create a buzz. A buzz gets more players interested. Exposure like this adds to the buzz. In the end a program can gather momentum and land some players that are the first choice of the coaches instead of the second or third choice. Those little bumps start to add up, then you get some wins and pretty soon the whole perception of the program changes. It all sort of feeds itself and that is how you build a program.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

It is and isn't important. The star ratings for any one individual player don't mean a whole lot. There are a lot of players out there and the rating services have more kids than they can truly invesigate and rate properly. So it usually ends up that many players get rated based on which popular schools are intereted in them, which skews the star ratings.

But star ratings create a buzz. A buzz gets more players interested. Exposure like this adds to the buzz. In the end a program can gather momentum and land some players that are the first choice of the coaches instead of the second or third choice. Those little bumps start to add up, then you get some wins and pretty soon the whole perception of the program changes. It all sort of feeds itself and that is how you build a program.

this. It means more off the field, than on the field.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I was following Asiantii all week at E11 via twitter and other sources. After reading all the tweets, I was shocked that he wasn't cracking the top 10 until the very end. I am not surpirsed he was named MVP. I feel confident he will remain a strong verbal and know he will be a great ambassador for the program. We all knew Asiantii was better than his ranking (which wasn't bad to begin), but it is no doubt his recruiting ranking will go up. It won't change Asiantii's abilities and high ceiling, but as stated before it means more off the field. For an offensive recruit to know they will have one of the nation's best QB prospects to protect or catch passes from can't hurt with recruiting.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517

As glad as i was to hear him recommit to USF...I won't be sure he will play for USF until he signs that LOI....with all the hype this kid is getting, the big dawgs are going to come calling

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

As glad as i was to hear him recommit to USF...I won't be sure he will play for USF until he signs that LOI....with all the hype this kid is getting, the big dawgs are going to come calling

Me too. I have a feeling the only school that may sway his decision is UF. I was on his facebook and he still has UF listed as his favorite sports team and they don't have an elite QB commit yet.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Star ratings are really only as good as the person doing the rating. I think they're meaningful but there are always exceptions.

I really haven't had the chance to review tape one every single one of the competitors at the Elite 11 but I do know that among them the only guy I've reviewed that I think legitimately sets my pro radar pinging as much as Woulard is Christian Hackenberg. That guy can sling it. He and Max Browne were considered the two guys right up there with Woulard to the point where Trent Dilfer was considering doing another three-way MVP like he did last year.

But what I mean to say is this isn't just some freak occurrence where everything went right. Legitimately if I were to look at all these guys throwing the football and judging pro potential based on their talent and fundamentals, Woulard and Hackenberg are my top two...noting of couse like I said that I haven't seen them all.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Me too. I have a feeling the only school that may sway his decision is UF. I was on his facebook and he still has UF listed as his favorite sports team and they don't have an elite QB commit yet.

UF does not need a QB in this class. The Gators are loaded with young QBs. They have two sophomores in Driskel and Brissett, and many see incoming freshman Skyler Mornhinweg as possibly even better than those two. There new OC, Brent Pease, personally brought in Mornhinweg too. Plus, Florida has a ton of issues with the WR corps and their best TE is transferring. The place is a mess overall.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

UF does not need a QB in this class. The Gators are loaded with young QBs. They have two sophomores in Driskel and Brissett, and many see incoming freshman Skyler Mornhinweg as possibly even better than those two. There new OC, Brent Pease, personally brought in Mornhinweg too. Plus, Florida has a ton of issues with the WR corps and their best TE is transferring. The place is a mess overall.

Marty's kid?