• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

section 123 or 125... which one is more awesome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

People who want to stand the whole game should buy standing room only tickets.  They could then get their wish, save a few bucks on their tickets and they wouldn't be in the real fans way.

Oh the REAL fans are the ones that sit the entire game or stand when appropriate and not the ones that enjoy standing and cheering on a team they have no interest in?

How about this... if you don't want to stand then don't sit in sections 123-125... sit anywhere else in the stadium... everyone that wants to stand sit in sections 123-125...

This is my compromise...  :contract

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

People who want to stand the whole game should buy standing room only tickets.  They could then get their wish, save a few bucks on their tickets and they wouldn't be in the real fans way.

Oh the REAL fans are the ones that sit the entire game or stand when appropriate and not the ones that enjoy standing and cheering on a team they have no interest in?

How about this... if you don't want to stand then don't sit in sections 123-125... sit anywhere else in the stadium... everyone that wants to stand sit in sections 123-125...

This is my compromise...  :contract

A. What about the STH's that already have had seats in these sections for years. (JimUSF has had seats there longer than most)

B. Why only 123 - 125? 126 & 127 are in the same corner and should be included too (Red headed step children of RJS)

C. You sat in 128 if I remember correctly.... how do you have a bull in this fight?

The standing section has been posed to Athletics and Marketing numerous times... the answer has always been no. I don't see it changing.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

124 IS THE BESTEST!!!

• Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

So because it is a "seat" we must be seated?  I seem to recall most venues selling "seats" for concerts.  I suppose all of those people are breaking the "disorderly conduct" laws as well, LOL?  By the way, as someone who is fairly familiar with the law, there is no law saying you have to act like other people in public or you face a disorderly charge (or anything else along those lines).  I'd never live in that kind of society.  Standing at a football game IS college football.  I have never sat for a USF game.  I have sat during half time or lulls during the game, or in between play but not for the game... i.e. while they're actually running plays.  The point of attending a game is to go and cheer your team on.  That is best done standing up and waiving your hands and generally carrying on like a loon.  If you simply want to "watch" a game then stay home and watch it.  Trust me, you can see a lot better from home where there are instant replays and zoom lenses.  People use to tell me to sit while I was in the student section.  I resisted and by the end of the year, every student was standing "when appropriate" (which is basically always or anytime you feel like standing up).

If you can stand , then you should.  It makes for a very different (better) experience.  How the stadium looks on t.v. is irrelevant.  Having an opposing team who sees every single person on their feet IS intimidating.  If that weren't the case, then why would you stand at all?  Ever?  Third downs or not?  Heck why even cheer at all for that matter?

If you can't stand or have trouble doing it for very long, find a section that will accommodate you.  However, even if you can't stand, the last thing that you should do is throw a Hissy Fit because someone is standing to support their team.  Calling the cops on a fellow Bull for standing up and cheering at a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME is absurd.

On the other topic, "Drunk" + "obnoxious" = Bad.

However, "Drunk-ish" + "Respectable" = Fantastic.  Heck, even "Drunk" and respectable is great.  Some of the heartiest laughs I've ever had have been at USF games after a drunken comment by someone I didn't know.

This is governed by the standard rule of thumb:  if there's kids around, try not to use profanity or yell about the other teams *******.  Heckling is still acceptable but at least try to filter it for the kiddies.  If kids are not around... please by all means discuss the width, depth and sloppiness of the opposing teams lady bits.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care if a fan chooses to sit or stand in a game. I prefer to stand for a majority of the game.

My beef is with the people that complain and tattletale about the people that stand. I've been to events where the people in front of me prefer to stand while I prefer to sit.

I adapt. I either stand or i make a move to a different seat.

I don't whine and cry and tell people who are having a good time to sit down because they are ruining my good time sitting. That's petty.

Archived