• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael McFarland officially a Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I was wondeing the same thing. Does a scholarship become available just because someone else takes a madical redshirt? I thought there was only 85 scholly's and that didn't change regardless if someone was redshirting or not.......am I wrong here?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Can someone help explain the Adrea Davis post.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We are just speculating that Andre may have heard that he is coming to USF by asking, "o yea?," because of Mike's response, "hhahah ... u already kno!" Andre then replied, "lol ooooo........ make it happen then."

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

There is medical scholarship - Meaning your playing days are over due to injury, but the school still owes you some education years. This does player does not count on school's 85 limit.

They have a medical redshirt - meaning you played in limited snaps during first 3 games but got "injured". So school applies to NCAA for that year to count like a redshirt year.

Then there is medical waiver. Meaning players 5 years are up but the spent 2 or those 5 unable to play due to documented injury. The NCAA is then petitioned to grant a 6th year of eligibility.

We are just speculating that Andre may have heard that he is coming to USF by asking, "o yea?," because of Mike's response, "hhahah ... u already kno!" Andre then replied, "lol ooooo........ make it happen then."

Michael just replied to Andre's last comment.

Michael Too Swift McFarland

hahah u can believe tht.

about an hour ago

There is medical scholarship - Meaning your playing days are over due to injury, but the school still owes you some education years. This does player does not count on school's 85 limit.

They have a medical redshirt - meaning you played in limited snaps during first 3 games but got "injured". So school applies to NCAA for that year to count like a redshirt year.

Then there is medical waiver. Meaning players 5 years are up but the spent 2 or those 5 unable to play due to documented injury. The NCAA is then petitioned to grant a 6th year of eligibility.

So, once a player takes a "medical scholarship" he can't ever play again, even he becomes healthy in the future? If so, that seems very harsh. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So, once a player takes a "medical scholarship" he can't ever play again, even he becomes healthy in the future? If so, that seems very harsh. 

I actually think the medical scholarship is one of the few fair things in college football.

It is basically saying that if you take/agree to a medical scholarship that your playing career is over. I'm okay with that.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I actually think the medical scholarship is one of the few fair things in college football.

It is basically saying that if you take/agree to a medical scholarship that your playing career is over. I'm okay with that.

I agree.

I hope we get McFarland.  6-6 240 TE is a big target.  When did QB J. Gunsby leave, that is a scholarship that is available but I am sure someone has accounted for that one.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I agree.

I hope we get McFarland.  6-6 240 TE is a big target.   When did QB J. Gunsby leave, that is a scholarship that is available but I am sure someone has accounted for that one.

Gunsby left a couple months ago, academic problems

Hopefully, this is true.

In response to a UF player who will be visiting Tampa, Michael said:

Michael Too Swift McFarland

awww maannnn ...im already inrolled hahahah at usf loll ....4 hours ago

Archived