• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sign "shut up tom"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

Tom sounds like a loser.

Just read this thread, and then read the original "In the Oracle" thread.

- I agree with you guys on the wife beater thing - It's not classy - but the guy doesn't deserve class.  Heckling has it's limits - but they are well past "political correctness."

- I also agree with the assessment that Tom has no future in newspapers.  The article sounded like a whiny post on the State of Florida Sports message board more than any kind of commetary that could have been viewed as semi-professional.  I think the "Ron Artest" comment was the closest he had to wit.  The Cooch guy that posted on here is smoking something good if he thinks that Tom will "develop a following" - I'm sure some people on this board will keep a loose eye his columns, but they wouldn't pay to pick up a paper and see what he farts out on his keyboard.

- And not to intentionally close on a go-UCF note, (since it's just a campus paper we're talking about): Hey Tom, we've got a great sports writer in the UCF Future - Ashley Burns - you should take some tips.  Mainly not criticizing the students that actually show up.  Becoming one of the fans yourself, not a critic of them.  You can be a fan and still make good commentary good or bad about the team.  And when you write it from a fans standpoint - people are more prone to get excited about the games.

On the other hand...this guy will probably fit in good at the Sentinel or Tribune.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Did any of you morons happen to catch the article?  The author's picture is right on the freaking cover.  Have we not been able to discern between picture and person anymore?  Does the author look like he has blond hair?  This is two, count it, two message boards dedicated simply to one measley article, the article, which i might add, was intended to irritate those who read it, hence its an "opinion" column.  You all have done Thomas Simonetti the biggest favor anyone could ask for.  You hear about his column on WBUL, with these silly message boards and all you've managed to do is to get MORE people to read his stuff.  Congrats, you've given him a following, good or bad, its a following.  Think.  Just think...give it a try.   O'Doyle rules!

His opinion doesn't matter...he is a horrible writer and has no business publishing any article, even if it is in a rag like the Oracle.  I hope The Oracle and Tom are very happy in obscurity together.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Mr. Gooch, did you ever think that message boards like this are opinion as well? I think the sign was funny as hell. Stop being such a whiny little ***** over your boyfriend. Tom sucks.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Did any of you morons happen to catch the article?  The author's picture is right on the freaking cover.  Have we not been able to discern between picture and person anymore?  Does the author look like he has blond hair?  This is two, count it, two message boards dedicated simply to one measley article, the article, which i might add, was intended to irritate those who read it, hence its an "opinion" column.  You all have done Thomas Simonetti the biggest favor anyone could ask for.  You hear about his column on WBUL, with these silly message boards and all you've managed to do is to get MORE people to read his stuff.  Congrats, you've given him a following, good or bad, its a following.  Think.  Just think...give it a try.   O'Doyle rules!

Death to all "Guests" ....... Hopefully the real Jeff Gooch hunts you down and twists your head off.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Easy on the guy.  If you had to live with the name Jeff "Gooch" it cann't make your life easy.  Here is Mrs Gooch and the little "Goochies" UGH.

Easy on the guy.  If you had to live with the name Jeff "Gooch" it cann't make your life easy.  Here is Mrs Gooch and the little "Goochies" UGH.

Careful with that "Goochies" stuff ......  ;)

3511.jpg  # 50 Jeff Gooch  

Position: LB

Height: 5-11

Weight: 226

Born: 10/31/1974

College: Austin Peay State

NFL Experience: 9  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

- And not to intentionally close on a go-UCF note, (since it's just a campus paper we're talking about): Hey Tom, we've got a great sports writer in the UCF Future - Ashley Burns - you should take some tips.  Mainly not criticizing the students that actually show up.  Becoming one of the fans yourself, not a critic of them.  You can be a fan and still make good commentary good or bad about the team.  

Burns is a good writer, and very funny.  If he could just lose his perpetual woody for USF, he'd be even better.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hey Gooch... you have some points... but what you tend to forget, most of us on this message board are graduates and read the Oracle online and have no clue what homeboy looks like. I wouldn't have a clue what Tom looked like without asking... not that I give a sh-t anyways...

Burns is a good writer, and very funny.  If he could just lose his perpetual woody for USF, he'd be even better.

Didn't you and he spar a little over on the ESPN board a ways back?   ;)