• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mistral Raymond a Viking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats!

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So happy for him

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

hoping he can prove underdog can do big things again!

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to know Skinny has a positive future doing what he loves.   Good for you, Raymond.  Go Bulls!!

~U~

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

With their second of four sixth-round picks, the 170th selection overall, the Minnesota Vikings have chosen safety Mistral Raymond out of the University of South Florida.

Raymond is a taller safety, standing at 6'2" and weighing in at around 190 pounds. He was a second-team all-Big East selection as a senior, having started 11 out of 12 games and recording one interception and seven passes defended.

To be honest, I really don't know a whole lot else about Mistral Raymond. He looks like he has decent size and measurables and things like that, but I haven't seen him play very much. Obviously the Vikings have seen something in him, as they're bringing him to town with one of their sixth round selections.

The Vikings will pick again at #172 overall, and then will pick again at #200 in the sixth round as well. They also have two seventh-round selections to play with as we progress.

Welcome to Minnesota, Mistral Raymond!

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

he tweeted "ALL GLORY BE TO GOD!!! To the Minnesota Vikings franchise, thank you! To the fans, I embrace you all! ...Dear Mama, I told you I would!"

GA also tweeted "USF's Mistral Raymond on being drafted by Vikings: "It's a match made in heaven. It's very special for me. Words can't express this journey" & "USF's Mistral Raymond took visit to Vikings, spent 2 days with coaches there. First look will be at corner, but could help at safety also."

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Clearly he has some physical talents, but what a testament to working hard and staying with it. Congrats to him.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Dude is a gamer with a lot of heart. So glad he got drafted.

Archived