• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CB D.J. White from Georgia

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

per usfnation.com "White had offers from top programs including Auburn, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, and Texas Tech, but ultimately chose USF."

yum.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his 40-time at the MVP camp was recorded at 4.43 - faster than his listed time on scout

• Content Count:  919

Loved how he locates the football in the highlight video.  Solid list of offers.  Seems like a great addition! 

Wonder why his commitment isn't more widely reported?

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Loved how he locates the football in the highlight video.  Solid list of offers.  Seems like a great addition! 

Wonder why his commitment isn't more widely reported?

Because we are USF and most reports can't spell it. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Georgia DB White picks Bulls

Posted April 29, 2011 by Adam Adkins

Updated Apr 29, 2011 at 07:57 PM

The University of South Florida football team has added another player to its 2012 recruiting class, picking up a verbal commitment from D.J. White, a 6-foot, 180-pound cornerback out of Union Grove High in McDonough, Ga.

White also had scholarship offers from Auburn, South Carolina, Texas Tech, California, Mississippi and Mississippi State, among others, but was impressed during a visit to USF over his spring break and decided the Bulls were the best fit.

“I really fell in love with the atmosphere,†White said. “It’s a great place to live. I felt like they had a great program, and I can come in and hopefully get some quality playing time.â€

White has started each of the past two seasons at Union Grove and was a second-team all-region selection in 2010. He plays receiver and cornerback and also returns punts and kickoffs for his high school team, but said the Bulls have him penciled in at cornerback.

Asked to describe himself in that position, White said, “I like to think of myself as a pretty physical guy. I can play press and off-cover equally well. I’ve got good hands so I feel I can make plays in the secondary.â€

White’s primary recruiter was USF offensive line coach Steve Shankweiler, though he spent time with Bulls head coach Skip Holtz and defensive backs coach Rick Smith when he made his unofficial visit to Tampa. He decided to end his recruitment Thursday night.

“They were pretty excited. I don’t think they were expecting me,†White said. “But coach (Shankweiler) was very excited. He got me on the phone with coach Holtz, I talked to him for a little while as well.â€

While White has several other BCS programs actively recruiting him, he vows his commitment to the Bulls is solid.

“I’m going to stop looking around,†White said. “This is the place for me.â€

White is USF’s fourth reported commitment for 2012, and the third defensive back in that group.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/georgia-db-white-picks-bulls/

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Always nice to hear a quality kid is going to stop looking around and be a bull.  Welcome to the family Mr. White

• Content Count:  1,079

Rivals listed him as their #30 Prospect out of the state of Georgia..

http://rivals.yahoo.com/UGA/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2866

Offtopic: Rico "McLovin" McWilliams another one of our prospects came in at 48

• Content Count:  763

Rivals listed him as their #30 Prospect out of the state of Georgia..

http://rivals.yahoo.com/UGA/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2866

Offtopic: Rico "McLovin" McWilliams another one of our prospects came in at 48

Going off of that list you just know that the Alabama commit one spot below is going to be ranked 4 stars (since Alabama commits can't be anything less  ;) ) so by default DJ should be as well.

^^ LOL

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Awesome!  I like what I see so far from Holtz & Co.  Keep up the great work!

Archived