• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

next year should be best recruiting class ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

I think it should be based on the won - lost record over a four or five year span of that class.

Holtz has stated that he would prefer to rs every freshman that comes in, does that make them not as good a recruit as one that is forced onto the field, succesfull or not? Would that freshman be a better player as a true junior or true senior than he would've been had he taken the rs?

I agree, next year "should" be the best, we just won't know until 2016ish.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We will have a relatively small recruiting class, so I seriously doubt it will be ranked our best ever.

If we sign 15 players while most teams sign 20 or more, it's unrealistic to think we will do very well.  

Why?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

We will have a relatively small recruiting class, so I seriously doubt it will be ranked our best ever.

If we sign 15 players while most teams sign 20 or more, it's unrealistic to think we will do very well.  

Why?

because we're more limited in the number of kids we can recruit.  we recruit a lot more players than we have scholarhips for, so it'll be harder to focus on fewer kids.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Why?

Rankings are based on quality as well as quantity. With apparently many fewer sholarships to give out than most other teams, it would be very difficult to make that up in the rankings.

In a search of "USF" in today's news I came across this blurb from a USF recruit:

Florida WR has two offers 

SuperPrep.com (subscription) - Mike Bakas - ‎12 hours ago‎

"I like USF, Iowa, and Clemson. USF is doing their recruiting class slow because they only have 14 scholarships. They're taking more DB's this year."

Perhaps, some more scholarships will become available, but that probably still wouldn't give us enough players in this class to make a significant move up in the team rankings. 

Archived