• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Just notice he's the tenth best player in the nation according to rival.com. He's also a 5 star DB now. He would be the highest rated player for us if we can land him.

Don't get your hopes up. He's not coming here

Wrong. We have a shot.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Just notice he's the tenth best player in the nation according to rival.com. He's also a 5 star DB now. He would be the highest rated player for us if we can land him.

Don't get your hopes up. He's not coming here

Highly doubt you know what you're talking about.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Last I heard was that his top two favorites were USF and UF. Don't know if that has changed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Last I heard was that his top two favorites were USF and UF. Don't know if that has changed.

It did... he's now between USC and UF.... I'd put our chances at around 2% right now of him staying home... he's either a Trojan or Gator.

Put that picture into context.... when was it taken? Of course he has USF gear... his dad is a coach here.

The short of it is this kid is Nelson Agholor level... we're not at the level yet and the chances that he comes here are slim and none.

BTW.... Slim just took a short walk off a tall cliff.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Southshore is correct. USF shouldn't dream of getting a 5 star bluechip athlete. We need to know our place. Stick with the two and three stars athletes.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UF just got a verbal from another CB.

Greg Auman @gregauman

Another USF target for 2013, Jacksonville cornerback Nick Washington, commits to Florida on Gators' junior day. @NickWashington

Southshore is correct. USF shouldn't dream of getting a 5 star bluechip athlete. We need to know our place. Stick with the two and three stars athletes.

Never said not to dream... but at the same time you have to look at the reality of the situation. For us to pull 5 star national level players we're going to need to string together a better record for a couple of seasons and actually compete for a conference title.

I love USF football... but I'm also realistic enough to admit that we've only been around for a short time and we're still growing. While we're competing at the same level as schools like USC, Alabama, LSU and UF, it's foolish IMO to think that we can compete with them for a skill position player at this time. That may change after this season or 5 years down the line... but right now if you offer a kid a trip to USC or UF there's just about a 2% chance that the guy is coming here.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

yeah really!!!!. the truth of it is, unless someone here, sits at this kids dinner table every night, they don't know where he's going. he has offers from everyone and to think his favorites are USC and UF, whats' wrong with that picture? At one he will get a nationally recognized, highly respected degree and the other one is, well, In a swamp. you know we are not gonna get a 5 star athlete, until well, we get one. And then he will be downgraded to 3 stars anyway Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1