• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 basketball prospects

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Time to lay off heavy criticism of Heath until late fall and get back to my #1 love which is basketball recruiting. With the facility upgrades in place, the 2012 class is the one that Heath and his coaches can attack with no hands tied.

I'll be dropping names in this thread until the basketball recruiting is done for the 2012 class and ask that everyone else do the same thing. There is no need to take up a whole page with names when they all can go in here.

With that said our first name is:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Andrew White

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

the chick in your avatar is my #1 love

• Content Count:  126

Tyler Bergantino

Andrew White

Yes Andrew White is the name I was going to drop but I had to leave for work. Didn't realize the time because I was on the phone also.

Andrew White 6-6, SF/SG from Chester, Virgina has VT and USF at the top of his list right now. He is also being looked at by others from the Big East, ACC, and Mid Major level. VT and USF were the first to offer White and have been the serious about him so far, with VT having a slight lead for his services. White hopes to have a decision made by the end of the summer.

ESPN evaluations:

Strengths:

White is an active wing that plays more like a small forward than a shooting guard at this point but as he improves his range could easily excel at both positions. He runs the outside lane in transition and is a good spot up shooter with time. White also has an excellent mid range game where he can knock down shots off the catch and the dribble. He can slash to the rim with a couple of strong, straight dribbles.

Weaknesses:

White must work to improve he ball handling under intense pressure. He is a good athlete but not as explosive as he looks. White is a pretty good offensive rebounder but must improve at both ends of the floor in this department. His confidence has been an issue. However, he's seemingly addressed it and appears much more focused than ever. To achieve his goals, there has to be laser-like focus and consistent efforts. Developing an attitude of toughness is an area he's working on and needs to continue in that direction.

Bottom Line:

This may be one of the better feel good stories. White struggled in the summer of 2010 but months later he appeared to be a different player with a renewed confidence and work ethic. We'll say he straddles the mid to high-major line and frankly, it's in his hands. He raised the bar in the fall of 2010 and has work to do to win back over his admirers but he's on the correct path.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/102702/andrew-white

LOL...but Miss Hilson is a sexy goddess :)

LOL...but Miss Hilson is a sexy goddess :)

yum

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

will heath ever land the big name guys out there?  i say he better if he hopes to keep his job

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew White video

pHLCLUUlqD4

Archived