• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IT's NOT OVER YET

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Two different stories, which one will it be?

UM or USF?

by Mike Bakas of Scout.com, January 23, 2005 at 10:10pm ET

Carlton Hill Profile

Carlton Hill made a summer commitment to the University of South Florida. However, that never stopped UM from recruiting him through the season. He's taken official visits to both programs in recent weeks and talked about them. "There were a lot of differences between the two," Hill said. "Miami is more established and has more of a winning tradition. South Florida is closer to home and has a quarterback situation that's a little better for me to go in and play. But I really like them both right now."

Hill, 6-2 and 210 pounds, said he was hosted by current UM quarterback Kyle Wright. "I was with him most of the time," he said. "He's a real cool guy, real laid back. They're real excited about the upcoming season because they think they got a lot of good players coming back."

Hill knows he has a chance to become the No. 3 quarterback on the roster if he were to choose UM. "I could be No. 3 the day I get there," he said. "They would give me a chance to challenge those guys. They've never really played. At South Florida, though, I'd be competing with Courtney Denson to be the starter."

Hill, a full academic qualifier, said he's not sure if he'll take his fifth visit this weekend. "I dont know if I'll even go to Mississippi this weekend," he said. "It's pretty much between South Florida and Miami. I just need more time to think it over."

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've voting for the other one. ;D

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Interesting comment about competeing with Denson for the starting job.  What does Hill know that we don't ?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

I do hope Matt Grothe reads this site.  He should know that he is not going to be given a real shot at QB.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Right...  in your little dream world.  ::)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Grothe has a great chance at starting his freshman year.  However, unlike at ucf there will be competition at QB.  

Winners compete.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Either Hill or Grothe will be redshirted.

Since Denson will already be practicing with the team for a year, he'll be ahead of both of them starting out.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Cattle-Prod.....you can feel more than free to have your coaches use that line with him since they still call and beg every week.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I do hope Matt Grothe reads this site.  He should know that he is not going to be given a real shot at QB.

Maybe O'Leary can use that quote tonight in their almost daily calls to Grothe.   But at least they've got Alex in the fold.