• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Pelphrey fired from Arkansas

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm hearing Buzz Williams for Oklahoma...

Seems to have a good thing going @ Marquette ... why leave?

Answering my own question ... Looks like he has roots out in that area and I assume OU would throw a ****load of money at him ..

I think he's a pretty good coach and honestly given the choice OU would be the spot regardless of family. It's going to be tremendous pressure on whoever gets the ARK job to win big right away.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Well Anderson is reportedly staying in Missouri. Buzz Williams back in play?

???

Buzz is going to oklahoma.

Sources tell 5NEWS that the Razorback Foundation board has approved a contract for Mike Anderson who is expected to be named the next head basketball coach at the University of Arkansas.

The contract will pay Anderson $2.2 million annually with a $500,000 buyout clause.

Sources say Anderson will be introduced as Arkansas new coach at a press conference Thursday.

That's a great hire for Arkansas for if nothing else it pleases the fans and will initially generate more money for the UofA. There's no doubt that Anderson is a better coach and will be more successful then Stan Heath, who got the job over Mike back in 2001(I believe). John Pelphrey just shouldn't have been hired in the first place. I do stand by what I said previously about Anderson. I think he'll win 20 or more games annually but I just don't see he having a era of excellence like Nolan did which the majority of Razorbacks fans will expect from him. Hawg Ball left with Nolan imo.

I will say the talent in the state of Arkansas over the next few years, (including the 2011 class) is the best ever according to Ron Crawford. Timing couldn't have been better for Mike to come in. I can see why Pelphrey was so pissed off at his firing.

That's a great hire for Arkansas for if nothing else it pleases the fans and will initially generate more money for the UofA. There's no doubt that Anderson is a better coach and will be more successful then Stan Heath, who got the job over Mike back in 2001(I believe). John Pelphrey just shouldn't have been hired in the first place. I do stand by what I said previously about Anderson. I think he'll win 20 or more games annually but I just don't see he having a era of excellence like Nolan did which the majority of Razorbacks fans will expect from him. Hawg Ball left with Nolan imo.

I will say the talent in the state of Arkansas over the next few years, (including the 2011 class) is the best ever according to Ron Crawford. Timing couldn't have been better for Mike to come in. I can see why Pelphrey was so pissed off at his firing.

U know ur ****. If we can land archie goodwin next year lookout.

There will be more people at the press conference than the basketball games we had this year. :crazy:

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I liked Mike Anderson going back to the days he was the coach at UAB. His teams were always pretty well prepared to ball.

U know ur ****. If we can land archie goodwin next year lookout.

There will be more people at the press conference than the basketball games we had this year. :crazy:

I am kind of a closet Razorbacks fan since my grandmother lives in Arkansas, and she finished raising me after my mother died of cancer and I had to stay with her. I haven't followed the program in a little while though but plan on looking in now that Mike Anderson is the HC. I'll probably join Hogville as Vega something ;) just to leave comments.

It just really hurts that USF is sticking with Coach Heath, who is the poster boy for both The Hot Seat and for up and coming coaches that have flopped. When you see comments by fans at other programs like, "You don't want to hire another Stan Heath." Also when Jimmy Sexton goes on the radio and says, "I'm telling ADs to be careful not to hire a HC based on 1 miracle NCAAT run because you don't want to make the mistake of hiring a Stan Heath." Those things really tell you how Heath is thought of outside of the select few of USF fans that thinks he's a Coaching God and University can't do any better.

I am kind of a closet Razorbacks fan since my grandmother lives in Arkansas, and she finished raising me after my mother died of cancer and I had to stay with her.

what part of arkansas?

When you see comments by fans at other programs like, "You don't want to hire another Stan Heath." Also when Jimmy Sexton goes on the radio and says, "I'm telling ADs to be careful not to hire a HC based on 1 miracle NCAAT run because you don't want to make the mistake of hiring a Stan Heath." Those things really tell you how Heath is thought of outside of the select few of USF fans that thinks he's a Coaching God and University can't do any better.

Posted on:

I was looking at my past posts about stan heath when usf first hired him.  ;D Don't get caught up in the flavor of the month. Look at the complete picture.

I'll probably join Hogville as Vega something

That place is ruthless. I lurk but don't post anymore. Good luck.

I became a part time usf fan when my sis graduated from usf in 2002? Then, we played against each other in football, I joined the board once I knew heath was taking the usf job. I knew he was taking the job a few days before it was officially announced.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Those things really tell you how Heath is thought of outside of the select few of USF fans that thinks he's a Coaching God and University can't do any better.

LOL ... No one on this board thinks that, no matter how many times you say it. Bullhog was probably right about you knowing your **** .... about Arkansas basketball ... maybe one day, if you stick around long enough, you'll get a grasp on USF basketball.

Pick a good place for your free meal ...   :-*

Archived