• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

uf usf baseball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Not really an eclipse

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I just left from that game.. Tonight the number for attendance may be double than our new stadium seating capacity.

USF Baseball tweeted "Tonight's attendance 3,211, a sellout and new USF baseball attendance record"

I call BS on attendance figures.

The opening record was 3,122 (or thereabouts).  Based on the eyeball test, tonight far, far surpassed that. This leads me to believe they inflated the opening numbers significantly.

I agree... there had to be at least 4,000 there last night... both of the berms was standing room only, and the outfield berm was crowded as well. Opening night there was only a handful of people sitting on the berms... last night the berms was mobbed.

I think that USF deflated the numbers from last night to avoid having an attendance record set for an ass whipping against the Gayturds. I guarantee if we had won then it would had been announced that we set a new record.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think that USF deflated the numbers from last night to avoid having an attendance record set for an ass whipping against the Gayturds. I guarantee if we had won then it would had been announced that we set a new record.

I disagree. Numbers last night were probably legit and it just makes the case that there weren't as many people at the inaugural game in the new stadium.

3,211 is a new record.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Which USF player said "We're gonna beat UF when they come to Tampa"?  Where is he now?!?!

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Which USF player said "We're gonna beat UF when they come to Tampa"?  Where is he now?!?!

Drew Longley. Hiding in his apartment.

He's actually a really cool guy, we have a few mutual friends, he just probably got caught up in the heat of the moment. I was surprised when I saw that he said that.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My wife and I accidentally ended up in the student section. They were the only 2 empty seats so we went to them. Pretty fun, I felt bad about taking student seats until I realized half of the armwood baseball team and 2 oth their coaches were in the row behind us. Great time, great new digs. I can't see how they can play bb and sb at the same time, it seems to me that there would be foul balls flying onto the sb field.

Guest nybullsfan

My wife and I accidentally ended up in the student section. They were the only 2 empty seats so we went to them. Pretty fun, I felt bad about taking student seats until I realized half of the armwood baseball team and 2 oth their coaches were in the row behind us. Great time, great new digs. I can't see how they can play bb and sb at the same time, it seems to me that there would be foul balls flying onto the sb field.

There are. There's a fix on the way.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Drew Longley. Hiding in his apartment.

He's actually a really cool guy, we have a few mutual friends, he just probably got caught up in the heat of the moment. I was surprised when I saw that he said that.

lol

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

eyeball test

no turnstyles

no computer guns to keep track of attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

They usually scan the tickets as you enter and you keep the entire ticket.  For the UF game they actually took off the stub.  So it was a manual count. 

Even though we got our butts kicked, it still is nice to see that many people show up for baseball.  There were a legit 3,200 there this time.  We brought 3 people who saw the place for the 1st time, one being a Gator/USF fan and they were all impressed.  The Gator guy thought it was at least as nice as the place in Gainesville.

As for the game itself, I'm starting to wonder about well coached these guys are.  Two bad baserunning plays.  Trying to score Brazael from first in the first was insane. Mende lined the ball down the left field line, the left fielder hit the cutoff man and Brazael was just reaching 3rd base.  The 3rd base coach has to hold him there.  The cutoff man looked, saw Brazael continue, chuckled to himself, rolled the ball to the catcher and had Brazael by 20 feet.  OK, I made up the part about chuckling and rolling the ball.  But the kid did look surprised when he saw Todd trying to score.

The other was when the PH singled to center, USF down by 5, and for some reason known only to the player, thought he could make it to 2nd.  Again, he almost caught them by surprise.  The CF threw to the SS (there was a man heading to 3rd) who cut it off, threw back to 2nd and had him easily.

This happens every game.  Brazael got thrown out trying to tag from 2nd to 3rd, but that wasn't a bad play.  He just is slow as me and I'm 55 with 2 replacement hips.  Took a perfect throw to get him.  Didn't he get thrown out killing a rally up in Gainesville? Coaches need to know who is on the basepaths.

Archived