• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Bulls First Win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Ballpark is gorgeous, love the seats. Pretty sure Barbosa came out because something was up with his arm. He was rubbing it and they sort of looked at it on the mound when they made the switch. We gotta get our bats going.

USFBaseball tweeted "The reason for Barbosa leaving the game in the 5th was tightness in his forearm. It is just the 2nd time Barbosa has not gone 5.0+ 16 career starts"

here's video of him scoring and the celebrating after. i posted in it other thread as well - http://www.twitvid.com/J7ZYJ

attendance for last night was 2,161 for those who didn't know

Nice work.  Really would be nice if crowds remained like this during the season.  It makes for a much better atmosphere.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Bulls lose again on Sunday...you know its gonna be a long year when you get lucky and win one of three against Elon.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls lose again on Sunday...you know its gonna be a long year when you get lucky and win one of three against Elon.

You're an idiot.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

1) Elon is a good baseball program, they made the tournament last year.

2) We lost 3-4 in 10 innings on Friday, win 3-2 on a walk-off on Saturday, and lose 5-7 in 16 innings on Sunday. We were competitive the whole series.

3) Did you miss the part where we played on the road at #1 Florida, last weekend?

Yes, 1-5 isn't the start we wanted, but please don't start bashing this team the 2nd week of the season.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

This team is an average team. Has good pitching but not very good hitting and little power. We will be hovering around .500.

• Content Count:  2,923

I don't think anyone is bashing the baseball program, playing UF and Elon provide perspective on where the program is currently and as we can all see the program is not a NCAA Tourney team or at this point good enough to win the BE.  This program overall has underachieved since joining the BE.  

• Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

1) Elon is a good baseball program, they made the tournament last year.

2) We lost 3-4 in 10 innings on Friday, win 3-2 on a walk-off on Saturday, and lose 5-7 in 16 innings on Sunday. We were competitive the whole series.

3) Did you miss the part where we played on the road at #1 Florida, last weekend?

Yes, 1-5 isn't the start we wanted, but please don't start bashing this team the 2nd week of the season.

I guess stating the obvious around here is considered bashing...you must be right, losing to Elon is fine as long as we play competitive games.  Im sure it will be fine too when we do the same thing against FAMU and Evansville and BCC.  There are high schools in FL that have a better lineup than us...but thats fine as well.  I hope you are not expecting an aweful lot because you are gonna be disappointed.  Prado better use the new facilities to get some better players ASAP or he wont be here much longer.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Having been at all 3 games I think it's pretty safe to say that Elon was lucky they weren't swept.

We gave the game away in the 2 losses we had.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,716
  • Days Won:  109

Having been at all 3 games I think it's pretty safe to say that Elon was lucky they weren't swept.

Good teams don't give away 2 of 3.  USF making bad plays doesn't make Elon lucky, it makes USF an average team - so far.  But I saw enough to think that they can be in the upper half of the Big East. 

• Content Count:  3,616

Good teams don't give away 2 of 3.  USF making bad plays doesn't make Elon lucky, it makes USF an average team - so far.  But I saw enough to think that they can be in the upper half of the Big East. 

Starting Pitchers gave up only 1 earned run all series....

Archived