• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoyas vs Bulls preview & game thread

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Wow I guess when I don't post on here these threads get no action.

Well I watched the game over a friend girl's house and honestly I'm losing interest in the program under Stan Heath. It's just so boring and predictable making it hard to get into it. The season is over and unless there is a change things will pick right up next season where this one cuts off. The cycle will just repeat itself over and over again. So this is what it feels like to be caught up in the twilight zone.

And people wonder why the program gets no interest... We not only lose, but we play crappy and boring basketball while doing so.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

i'll be Women's and Men's game tonight

If you get a chance, spike the Hoya's gatorade with ex-lax!!

I think we need a priest ... Seems like every BE team that comes in here has a man of the cloth with them.

Let's just change the name to the University of St. Francis. Maybe this guy can shoot the 3...

Saint_Francis_of_Assisi_large.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

i'll be Women's and Men's game tonight

If you get a chance, spike the Hoya's gatorade with ex-lax!!

I think we need a priest ... Seems like every BE team that comes in here has a man of the cloth with them.

Let's just change the name to the University of St. Francis. Maybe this guy can shoot the 3...

Saint_Francis_of_Assisi_large.jpg

Then you'll have animals and birds ******** all over the court ... and our towel boys have a tough enough time with just sweat.

• Content Count:  24

This team has no idea how to play up tempo. We were begging them to push the ball everytime we got a defensive rebound. Instead we continued to execute our patented "Pass the ball around the perimeter and run the shot clock out" offense. On a different note, a guy sitting in the front row in the donor's section got thrown out for yelling at the refs.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This team has no idea how to play up tempo. We were begging them to push the ball everytime we got a defensive rebound. Instead we continued to execute our patented "Pass the ball around the perimeter and run the shot clock out" offense. On a different note, a guy sitting in the front row in the donor's section got thrown out for yelling at the refs.

Come on man you know we're not allowed to play uptempo.  Exciting modern day basketball is taboo with USF. You see Heath throwing his hands up at his players if they try to speed things up even with the numbers in their favor and the defenses not set. Uptempo ball is so unacceptable by Heath that if any player goes against his policy they are immediately taken out the game.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What was score?

61-55

We need a closer sooo bad  :(

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Come on man you know we're not allowed to play uptempo.  Exciting modern day basketball is taboo with USF. You see Heath throwing his hands up at his players if they try to speed things up even with the numbers in their favor and the defenses not set. Uptempo ball is so unacceptable by Heath that if any player goes against his policy they are immediately taken out the game.

Vega,

Please explain to me how a team should play uptempo when playing a "slow down" game they are the WORST team in the country for turnover differential.  That means every slow we make bad decisions. Now imagine asking this same group of guys to make the right decision as a faster pace.

Oy vey  :o

• Content Count:  2,523

Actually, some players are better left not to think and just do what is natural.  These guys have played basketball all their lives and when you play pick up ball, what's the way you most commonly score?  In transition, attacking the basket etc.  I'd love a game where we just try to do something different.  What's the worst that can happen?  If anything, maybe we find something to build on next season.

You see Heath throwing his hands up at his players if they try to speed things up even with the numbers in their favor and the defenses not set. Uptempo ball is so unacceptable by Heath that if any player goes against his policy they are immediately taken out the game.

At what point in the game did you see this happening?

Vega,

Please explain to me how a team should play uptempo when playing a "slow down" game they are the WORST team in the country for turnover differential.  That means every slow we make bad decisions. Now imagine asking this same group of guys to make the right decision as a faster pace.

Oy vey  :o

It doesn't matter what tempo you play if you don't execute completely, especially in our case ... We pretty much did everything we needed to do last night to win EXCEPT finish ... 23-59, 1-12 ... Your closer is definitely a need ... The encouraging thing for next year is that 3 of our 5 top scorers this year were playing a BE schedule for the first time .. and for all intents and purposes, it was AC's first go round, also. At this point, it looks a lot better going into next year than it did coming in this year.

Archived