• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting comments at Alumni event

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Freshman here as well. Not having a car would be a pain. Going to sketchy Wal Mart would be even scarier than it already is, and getting to Ray Jay would be difficult.

They kind of rip you off with the requirement of living on campus. It's a lot more expensive than surrounding apartments, and you're forced to get a meal plan as well. Although it is very convenient just walking 5 minutes to classes, soccer stadium, Sun Dome, etc

And Nicktastic, bring out a ton of friends Saturday. We need people to come out there, be loud, and act ridiculous.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,616

Freshman here as well. Not having a car would be a pain. Going to sketchy Wal Mart would be even scarier than it already is, and getting to Ray Jay would be difficult.

They kind of rip you off with the requirement of living on campus. It's a lot more expensive than surrounding apartments, and you're forced to get a meal plan as well. Although it is very convenient just walking 5 minutes to classes, soccer stadium, Sun Dome, etc

And Nicktastic, bring out a ton of friends Saturday. We need people to come out there, be loud, and act ridiculous.

also, for those who don't know the free food before games has been Papa John's Pizza and its all you can eat lol

• Content Count:  3,616

btw- invite friends on facebook. it's #9 Georgetown and 2nd to last home game for men and women - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201623346520253&index=1

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The problem with the alum's is that many graduated before USF got a football team, as a result they adopted other Florida schools that they are waaaaay more loyal to then USF (i.e. Gayturds, Noles, and Canes).

Hernando County is overflowing with Gayturd fans, very little of which ever went to UF and some actually went to USF.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The freshman experience program began a year go, Fall of 2009, when the new residence buildings (Poplar and Juniper) were built.

It was initiated to help with the AAU Initiative in which a certain percentage of students have to live on campus.

Also, in the AAU plans, it was shown that students who live their first year on campus have better on-time and overall graduation rates

The St. Pete campus already had a requirement for students living outside of 30 miles to live on campus with similar exceptions.

The main plans are now to demo the oldest residence (Kappa, Delta, etc.) and build high rise buildings (similar to Polar/Juniper) there.

Other plans are to make 2 more high rises next to Juniper/Poplar and make it basically a quad residence complex

Also.. USF has started affiliated housing program the new owners of the old Edge/Fontana Hall building.

It's also something USF has done in the past.  I'm not sure if they ever owned Fontana (the edge), but in 2003-2004 school year USF considered Fontana as an on-campus residence, but starting in the Fall of 2004 Fontana became independent of the school (again?).

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

The ole Fontana!  My freshman year I was there in 96 while the first football team was living there as well.  Wow have things come a long way since then.  Eating there didn't do them many favors...come to think of it, most of cross country was there as well...

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with freshman on campus. Univ of Michigan requires this up here

The University of Florida has required that dating back to at least 1994.  I think it is a good thing as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The University of Florida has required that dating back to at least 1994.  I think it is a good thing as well.

Isn't on campus living a revenue stream for the university?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Isn't on campus living a revenue stream for the university?

It's got to be considering it's considerably more expensive compared to off campus quarters.

Archived