• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Face" of USF Football ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Who ever we decide to make the face of the program, he needs to fit The System!

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

For now, I think the "Face of USF Football" is Skip Holtz, until a player takes over that role.  B.J. gets some mention because he's the QB, but I don't think he's done enough to merit that gloss yet.  If he leads USF to a Big East title in 2011, we'll talk. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Trip,

Either on your list ... just discussion.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

For now, I think the "Face of USF Football" is Skip Holtz, until a player takes over that role.  B.J. gets some mention because he's the QB, but I don't think he's done enough to merit that gloss yet.  If he leads USF to a Big East title in 2011, we'll talk. 

This.

• Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

The face of most programs is the coach. When you get a special player they become take on part of the role for a period of time (i.e. Tebow, Reggie Bush, etc.). However, with most stable programs it goes back to the coach. Even when Ingram won the Heisman at Alabama, Saban was the face. At USC Pete Carrol was the face, but was fortunate to have a stream of players (regardless of how they got there) that shared the spotlight), but it's rare to have a stretch that long and eventually the successful coach becomes the face regardless of who is there.

The system is to win. Every program has a "system" so saying our players are nameless isn't true.  Hotlz is acquiring the talent he can get now with what he has to sell - a young team, nice area, a chance to play, and a dream. He's doing what he has to, to fill needs and get the team on a winning track and a BIG EAST championship then he'll start targeting "high profile" talent because he has more to sell.

If he's successful enough the system won't stop him from going after the best talent available, you don't turn down talent (unless there is a significant reason). These are 17 and 18 year old kids he's bringing in they can be molded and there even the pre-madonna 5 star recruits can be grounded and play as a team (we all hate saban, but he seems to accomplish this along with numerous other coaches).  I like what he did this year and if it works he will find the player form of the "face" soon enough, and chances are it will be a highly sought after recruit.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Well according to marketing, its a Holtz New Era. His face is on the billboards and the souvenier cups at RJS. Gotta go with Holtz.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

LMAO! +1 I forgot about this

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's Grothe ... QB's are usually the "Face" of a team and he was at the helm when we started making noise.

Thoughts?

Im going with Blackwell or Kenyatta Mitchell

Archived