• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Strength of Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Am I happy with the way the season is going...no but does anyone realize we will play 12 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 at some point this season.  Aside from those games we played 6 teams that are currently either 1st or 2nd in their conference.  We basically have four players that returned from last years team and two of them are worse this year then last year (Gus and Jarrid).  Of the other two Crater didn't play all that much and up until the last few games TF really wasn't even playing near the minutes he played last year.  Point being we don't just reload like most teams in the BE.  To turn against the coach because we have underachieved ONE YEAR, doesn't mean its time for a new coach.  Either you don't understand basketball or you just haven't been around USF long enough to know how much better we are now compared to the past.  YEs this is a football scholl and where do we really go that is so great in football??  ST Pete Bowl,  International Bowl,  WOW that is a great accomplishment in the days wehn everyone goes to a bowl game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

YEs this is a football scholl and where do we really go that is so great in football??  ST Pete Bowl,  International Bowl,  WOW that is a great accomplishment in the days wehn everyone goes to a bowl game.

I know that the bowls you mentioned are BCS bowls, but that doesn't mean it's not an accomplishment. The time frame it took for the football program to rise from where it started to where it is now is an accomplishment within itself.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I completely disagree - he hasn't underachieved one year, he has achieved in only one year. He recruits, he puts in his system, and he coaches the players - this is 100% on him.

And I think your comparison to football is a misguided argument - this basketball team has been routinely terrible with a few years of NIT bids here and there. I am happy with what Stan did last year, but the key measuring stick for the head coach in a rebuilding year is "does your team get better throughout the year". The answer is a resounding "no".

Dominique

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

this basketball team has been routinely terrible with a few years of NIT bids here and there.

You're exactly right ... This program has averaged a post season bid about once every three years. Stan has continued that trend in the toughest conference in the country. Obviously we want to improve on that but until Stan has shown he can't do that, he needs to be given the chance ...

I am happy with what Stan did last year, but the key measuring stick for the head coach in a rebuilding year is "does your team get better throughout the year". The answer is a resounding "no".

A resounding "no"? .... based on what?

this basketball team has been routinely terrible with a few years of NIT bids here and there.

You're exactly right ... This program has averaged a post season bid about once every three years. Stan has continued that trend in the toughest conference in the country. Obviously we want to improve on that but until Stan has shown he can't do that, he needs to be given the chance ...

I am happy with what Stan did last year, but the key measuring stick for the head coach in a rebuilding year is "does your team get better throughout the year". The answer is a resounding "no".

the only reason stan got a postseason bid last year was dominique jones( a robert mccullum recruit)

I should never even have brought up football because thats all thats ever talked about, bottom line they (football) are not that much better then the basketball team especially when you consider the weak football conference we play.. We should dominate that conference.  And those great Bowl games is no accomplishment in the current system.  

If you think this team is terrible you never saw the RM Teams.... now that was terrible basketball.  We had some decent teams when Seth was here, but his BS wore out quickly and where did we get with him?  and that was in a much weaker conference.  Would you rather go back to the sun belt?

100% on him then what are you suppose to do when your star leaves early and your back up plan has an attitude problem and quits on the team 1/3 of the way through the season.  Yes lack of pt guard talent is his fault but because of 1 bad year after an NIT year is not reason to fire a coach

so what is it? i thought he couldn't coach.... but he coached DJ to leave early for the NBA.  RM would have killed his career and he would still be playing at usf this year.  and never even got a wiff of the NBA.  IS next the argument theat RM was a great recruiter....then where did that get USF with all his great talent that he got  last in the BE every year.

so what is it? i thought he couldn't coach.... but he coached DJ to leave early for the NBA.  RM would have killed his career and he would still be playing at usf this year.  and never even got a wiff of the NBA.  IS next the argument theat RM was a great recruiter....then where did that get USF with all his great talent that he got  last in the BE every year.

Mccullum has 2 recruits in the NBA.

Stan Heath 0.

Greenburg 0.

without mccullum's recruit stan heath would have by far a worse record than mccullum. and please don't say heath developed jones. if jones hadn't taken over the team last year, heath would have been fired by now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

the only reason stan got a postseason bid last year was dominique jones( a robert mccullum recruit)

We get it ... Team does good, it's because of the players. Team does bad, it's because of Stan.

rmc was 12-18 his last year with 3 Big east wins.

let's see if Heath tops that in his 4th year here. so far he is 8-16 with 2 big east wins.

you might think it's a vast improvement but from where I'm sitting it's pretty much the same results for 4 times the pay.

Archived