• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RTB at Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Jumping in on the GR discussion.  I'm from that area and actually flying into GR on Air Tran tomorrow to visit my family and introduce my two girls to snow.

Air Tran has one direct flight I think daily.  We were able to book 4 tickets for less than $700. 

The Bulls Club travel packages will be out soon and we have a package based in Chicago that is reasonable and provides some excellent transportation opportunities (including taking a party train from Chicago to South Bend and back to Chicago).

But GR is a fun town as well.  It's not Chicago, but it's pretty cool.

Eric

Now that's what I'm talking about .... How soon before they come out, Eric? I'd like to take a look and see if that's doable before making other plans ..

+1

You guys are awesome.  If that is true, let me know. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

We're going to a Cubs game on Thursday vs. Pirates. Driving over to South Bend Saturday morning. Hotels are booked for the weekend. Just waiting for flights to open up.

Did you mean a Cubs game on Friday? They don't play on that Thursday.

Thanks S_F_Flip.

Actually that's probably better, depending on what time we have to leave Chicago Saturday morning.

• Content Count:  1,158

Jumping in on the GR discussion.  I'm from that area and actually flying into GR on Air Tran tomorrow to visit my family and introduce my two girls to snow.

Air Tran has one direct flight I think daily.  We were able to book 4 tickets for less than $700. 

The Bulls Club travel packages will be out soon and we have a package based in Chicago that is reasonable and provides some excellent transportation opportunities (including taking a party train from Chicago to South Bend and back to Chicago).

But GR is a fun town as well.  It's not Chicago, but it's pretty cool.

Eric

Now that's what I'm talking about .... How soon before they come out, Eric? I'd like to take a look and see if that's doable before making other plans ..

We should have them out in the next couple of weeks.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Allegiant Air flies direct from St. Pete/Clearwater to South Bend.

• Content Count:  260

I would fly into Chicago and do any sightseeing you might want to do there. South Bend is going to be pretty boring. I would say it's a smaller, older version of Gainesville, but without the bars.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I would fly into Chicago and do any sightseeing you might want to do there. South Bend is going to be pretty boring. I would say it's a smaller, older version of Gainesville, but without the bars.

Does that mean since the weather should still be pretty nice, jorts will be in abundance?

• Content Count:  260

I would fly into Chicago and do any sightseeing you might want to do there. South Bend is going to be pretty boring. I would say it's a smaller, older version of Gainesville, but without the bars and jorts.

Does that mean since the weather should still be pretty nice, jorts will be in abundance?

There, I fixed it for you.

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

If you want city life and the sports venues, the Chicago is the place to be.  However, South Bend and the countryside to the south and east is Amish and Mennonite country.  Those communities are very interesting and I'm sure some families might enjoy that.

By the way, I could not find that Amish fireplace factory...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

If you want city life and the sports venues, the Chicago is the place to be.  However, South Bend and the countryside to the south and east is Amish and Mennonite country.  Those communities are very interesting and I'm sure some families might enjoy that.

By the way, I could not find that Amish fireplace factory...

I hope it didn't burn down

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

We have a bunch of local USF grads here in Chicago that might in interested in talking a party bus to the ND game and back...

Archived