• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE HOT SEAT WATCH

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

according to one website has Stan Heath on the list.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/hot-seat-watch-patience-wearing-thin-in-bloomington-as-hot-seats-fire-up/

1 Bruce Pearl 10-6 Even before Pearl’s eight game SEC suspension, this Tennessee team had lost three straight. It was beginning to sink even with Pearl around. Now this ship is sinking AND rudderless, losing six of their last nine.

2 Tom Crean 9-8 Zombie Bobby Knight probably can’t stand what has happened to the program he built up. IU has lost six straight. This team may reach a new level of suckitude when they face Illinois, Michigan State and Minnesota consecutively.

3 Paul Hewitt 7-9 Hewitt usually finds one super recruit to keep him from getting axed. Not this year. The Jackets are already under .500 and haven’t even gotten to the tough part of the schedule yet.

4 Pat Knight 8-9 Fans are talking about Billy Gillispie coming to Lubbock to replace Bobby’s son. Heck, they’d take Gillispie’s mugshot over Knight right now. The Red Raiders are under .500 and have a loss to North Texas. Gulp.

5 Keno Davis 11-7 With the way Davis’ team is playing right now, we think an actual group of Friars could beat them in a game. Last night’s loss to West Virginia by 30 was an atrocity.

6 Sidney Lowe 11-5 This is probably Lowe’s last shot at going somewhere with this team. A weaker ACC might help him out. If he doesn’t reach the NCAAs in his fifth year, he’s a goner.

7 Stan Heath 6-12 Does the Big East really need 16 teams if a school like South Florida is around? The Bulls have won just one game since Dec. 4. That’s a 1-9 record in that time frame.

8 John Pelphrey 11-4 Don’t be fooled by the Razorbacks’ overall record. They loaded on cupcakes. One local columnist wrote he didn’t think this team could win the Sun Belt.

9 Trent Johnson 10-7 Johnson must be asking himself, “I left Stanford for this?†On the bright side … well, there isn’t one since Kentucky is next on the schedule. Good luck.

10 Ed DeChellis 10-6 The 1-2 Big Ten start was typical but back-to-back wins over ranked opponents (Michigan State and Illinois) are HUGE and just about have DeChellis kicked off this list. But this is year No. 8 and they still haven’t made the Big Dance once.

Another article that was interesting is from our good friend at Josh Dentel at 1040 ESPN Tampa. I found this insert from his story following the Louisville lost worth noting.

NBA guru Steve Kyler says, “That there is a huge difference in coaching between a 2 point win and a 2 point loss.†And that seems to be a problem with the Bulls, in which the coaching adjustments do not seem to be being implemented. Yes, players are rotated off the bench into the starting line up with great frequency but that is not an excuse or adjustment for all of the aforementioned mistakes that are constantly made. Which makes one wonder if the coach and his staff are hindering this team just as much as the miscues.

With Stan Heath just being signed to a 5 year extension this offseason, it is tough to see him being shown the door after this season. But there is no doubt that he must show Athletic Director Doug Woolard signs of improvement over the final 13 games and recruiting this off season.

http://espn1040.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=14

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I think we need a new BB coach...i just couldnt tell you who would be a good fit within our $$

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Coach Heath shouldn't be judged on just this season. I think we all knew we'd struggle a bit replacing Howard and Jones.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Heath shouldn't be judged on just this season. I think we all knew we'd struggle a bit replacing Howard and Jones.

I agree. I think the seat is warm though.  USF needs to put a competitive team on the court especially with all these improvements they have planned.  Look at ucf recruiting class this year.  If he doesn't make the tourney in the next couple of years I see him getting shipped out.  Right now they wouldn't be able to get anyone better unless they could get steve fisher to come over from san diego state.  Maybe the lure of the big east would persuade him, but money is an issue when it comes to USF basketball.  especially when you can't get any butts in the seats.

• Content Count:  3,827

Stan Heath is the man for the job.  Patience.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Our basketball facilities are ******* embarrassing we need to at least give Stan a shot once he gets the new facility.  I don't think anyone could succeed with the facilities, or rather lack there of that we have now. 

• Content Count:  742

Shoop is right. You have to let him get his recruits in here and put a foundation in place.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Shoop is right. You have to let him get his recruits in here and put a foundation in place.

FYI he has his recruits in here.

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

FYI he has his recruits in here.

That is not enough, give him more time.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

You don't go from one of the two or maybe three worst teams in the conference to perennial postseason contender in one or two or even four years. It's just totally impractical, especially in the best basketball conference to ever exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have an opinion worth worrying about.

Archived