• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF village discussion

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

a lot of places changed names but let me take a guess I might be wrong on the name Knight Lights(now Knight Library)? I heard that place went through a bunch of names till Knight Library finally gave that spot stability  ;D

yeah, that was it. i knew it had knight in it somewhere. it changed names at one point and got really ghetto. one of my room mates used to do open mic night in the little bar in the corner, that was pretty chill.

i also spent alot of time at the pub i think. the one next to subway that eventually caught on fire a few years ago.

ucf is definitely blessed with their location having more open land to deal with. they definitely had a plan too. when i first got there, the inner "circular" roads were all accessible by car, and now they're mostly walkways i think. there's only like two places in the US that have that design (forget the name) but it really makes campuses look nice and keeps things from getting to spread out.

The new USF polytechnic campus over in auburndale/lakeland is supposed to be built much more with expansion in mind and perimeter roads.

Univ of California-Irvine was initially designed with the circular type pedestrian campus with the main roads for cars outside the main campus area.

Map_of_UCI_Web.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

UCF just has a lot of acres to work with that has made expansion easier on and off campus.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

the woodlands on the north end and east side of the stadium are supposed to be a conservation area from what i remember. they went through the same thing we go through about contemplating building north of fletcher in the wildlife area or whatever. theirs is a huge pine scrub area, has alot of birds and deer in it. it's doubtful they will ever need to expand on the east side of the campus, but there is some area on the north west corner, north of the frat houses around lake claire that they will use someday.

UC Irvine is pretty sweet. I spent a week in Newport Beach and stayed down the street from UC - Irvine. Didn't know it was that setup, not as noticeable on ground level. It's much smaller though.

400 beds is a good start.

That other village you were referring to at another school has 2,000 beds in their village.

Yes, there are a lot of conservation areas surrounding UCF's main campus...especially East.

See map below:

athletics-parking-map.jpg

In regards to other projects, link below shows renderings and websites for those currently under construction and/or review:

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2548&tid=120336947&mid=120336947&sid=908&style=2

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Great exposure for Marcus Jordan, Donnie Jones, and UCF this morning on ESPN First Take. Very solid live interview.

Archived