• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Daniels' body language during games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Some people are only happy when they have something to be unhappy about.

why didn't they wear the gold helmets?  >:D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

when our defense is winning the game for us, he's all smiles. when it's his turn to lead us back against adversity, starts getting in yelling matches with the coaches

gameball goes to the Defense, not BJ

No doubt gameball goes to our D, but BJ has played well. I was highly critical of him early was well. It looked like a really long day after his first two passes (yeah Bogan needed to fight harder on the interception, but slant passes have to be very accurate and that one was far from it). In the past BJ seems to have had trouble bouncing back from some tough early breaks, but today he has played well. His passing accuracy is still a concern, but if he could improve that I think he could honestly be a GREAT QB next year!

I'm not sold on BJ. Sorry, we've seen games like this from BJ before. His inconsistency is still a concern, and he's very up and down. Sure, I'm happy we are going into the offseason with a win, but we also won an International Bowl with him last year and he didn't progress throughout this season despite that.

I think we deserve someone who is a better leader and more consistent-- emotionally and performance-wise. Let's hope the more heady Bobby Eveld shows progress through the offseason or someone else (e.g.- Gunsby, maybe?) steps up who isn't as much of a loose-cannon.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

when our defense is winning the game for us, he's all smiles.  when it's his turn to lead us back against adversity, starts getting in yelling matches with the coaches

No doubt gameball goes to our D, but BJ has played well.  I was highly critical of him early was well.  It looked like a really long day after his first two passes (yeah Bogan needed to fight harder on the interception, but slant passes have to be very accurate and that one was far from it).  In the past BJ seems to have had trouble bouncing back from some tough early breaks, but today he has played well.  His passing accuracy is still a concern, but if he could improve that I think he could honestly be a GREAT QB next year!

I'm not sold on BJ.  Sorry, we've seen games like this from BJ before.  His inconsistency is still a concern, and he's very up and down.  Sure, I'm happy we are going into the offseason with a win, but we also won an International Bowl with him last year and he didn't progress throughout this season despite

I think we deserve someone who is a better leader and more consistent-- emotionally and performance-wise.  Let's hope the more heady Bobby Eveld shows progress through the offseason or someone else (e.g.- Gunsby, maybe?) steps up who isn't as much of a loose-cannon.

The more "heady" Bobby Eveld?!  What the eff does that mean? Did you watch Eveld in  the Uconn game? Is that what heady is?  Did you watch every other game this season when BJ was in and ALL of our decent receivers/backs were hurt?  Did you watch all of the games this season where BJ was hurt?  Today was the 1st game he had most of his weapons and was healthy.  He proved what he can do in what essentially was a difficult road game vs a difficult opponent and all you can do is clamor for the backup.  If you have no clue what you are talking about you shouldn't post.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

when our defense is winning the game for us, he's all smiles.  when it's his turn to lead us back against adversity, starts getting in yelling matches with the coaches

No doubt gameball goes to our D, but BJ has played well.  I was highly critical of him early was well.  It looked like a really long day after his first two passes (yeah Bogan needed to fight harder on the interception, but slant passes have to be very accurate and that one was far from it).  In the past BJ seems to have had trouble bouncing back from some tough early breaks, but today he has played well.  His passing accuracy is still a concern, but if he could improve that I think he could honestly be a GREAT QB next year!

I'm not sold on BJ.  Sorry, we've seen games like this from BJ before.  His inconsistency is still a concern, and he's very up and down.  Sure, I'm happy we are going into the offseason with a win, but we also won an International Bowl with him last year and he didn't progress throughout this season despite that.

I think we deserve someone who is a better leader and more consistent-- emotionally and performance-wise.  Let's hope the more heady Bobby Eveld shows progress through the offseason or someone else (e.g.- Gunsby, maybe?) steps up who isn't as much of a loose-cannon.

He also got us our first bowl win vs a BCS opponent and all you can do is complain.  eff off.  If Matt Grothe were still here and had these numbers you would be ******.

Edited for content. Come on, beastie, you can get your point across without resorting to that crap.

• Content Count:  684

****...someone got served... :chainsaw

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What more can BJ do? That was a Top 10 defense BJ just shredded with his offensive boys.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

BJ played very good today. But, there was a play in the 3rd quarter( I think), Murray dropped a pass on 3rd down, BJ came to the sideline looking like he was about to start pouting. It's perfectly fine to be disappointed, you should be disappointed, but to pout?? That's not leadership. Mookie, are you on BJ’s D? You seem to be taking the criticism quite personally. This board is either Sun hot, or Pluto cold, people ******** about other people ********. CLASSIC!!

• Content Count:  1,165

I'm not sold on BJ.  Sorry, we've seen games like this from BJ before.  His inconsistency is still a concern, and he's very up and down.  Sure, I'm happy we are going into the offseason with a win, but we also won an International Bowl with him last year and he didn't progress throughout this season despite that.

He also got us our first bowl win vs a BCS opponent and all you can do is complain.  eff off.  If Matt Grothe were still here and had these numbers you would be suck'ing his D.

No he wouldn't. USF fans hate their QBs unless they are absolute superstars. Remember Matt's senior year?  People were calling for him to be benched in favor of BJ. And before that people bitched demanding Grothe replace Julmiste. And before that, people called for Pat Julmiste to replace Ronnie Banks.  And before that, fans demanded Banks to replace Brian Fisher.

See a pattern?  The fact that people seriously think BJ should have been benched in favor of a true freshman is flabbergasting.  To say BJ has made no progress is just flat out ignorant and incorrect.  BJ doesn't seem to be living up to the extremely high potential we all thought he had, but he's getting better and has the capability of playing at a high level (cause we've seen it). 

So BJ shows disappointment after a stalled drive?  Sounds like the most normal thing in the world to me.  If BJ has remained stoic, cool, calm, collected, and acted like nothing happened, the same people would be here complaining about his lack of emotion, questioning if he really cares.

So BJ is going into his Junior year, when most QBs get their first season at the reigns, and BJ already has about a season and a half of starting experience (subtracting last year's warmup games and this year's injury). Oh, and next year BJ will actually be playing with an offensive scheme that's not brand new to him.  It seems like people aren't even taking that into consideration, but it's actually a pretty big deal.

I mean, is BJ Daniels the next Michael Vick? No, but that doesn't mean he can't be a productive QB for us.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

BJ,

How dare you make a logical post  :P

Archived